Author Topic: brake levers  (Read 4583 times)

Offline F-106

brake levers
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
Does anyone have the link to the clutch and brake levers some of you got from china? Thanks
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: brake levers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290519791573

I'd guess those are the ones you'd be looking for.

No affiliation, etc...
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Tele130

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
Yep, them be the ones. :thumbs: ;D

Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline F-106

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
Doug, I take it you like them and they have work for you. No issues on install?  THANKS, BILL
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
I have a set and like them.  I did have a very minor issue with the brake side. It would not contact the switch so I have to grind off  a little material off the stop plate. Very simple and it  only took a minute.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Tele130

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »
Doug, I take it you like them and they have work for you. No issues on install?  THANKS, BILL

Hi Bill.  Yes, I like them a lot.  No issuses what so ever.  10 min swap job. :thumbs:

Doug Colton

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
Ditto, I too have had no issues with the install.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
Another happy user...sets on the Kawasaki and the Buell went on in a few minutes, fit correctly, and have lots of miles on them with no trouble at all. 

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline yoman

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:38:15 PM »
Okay dumb question,  what is the benefit over stock levers??
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Tele130

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

Besides the BLING factor, they feel a little more solid then the factory levers  The leading edge (where your fingers come in contact with the lever) is flat, not rounded like the stock one. And you have a little more adjustment options with these.

Doug Colton

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Besides the BLING factor, they feel a little more solid then the factory levers  The leading edge (where your fingers come in contact with the lever) is flat, not rounded like the stock one. And you have a little more adjustment options with these.
They also have that neat "break off point" so if you drop the bike and the lever hits, it breaks (or is supposed to) in a spot that still leaves you with a usable lever. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

While I can't comment on the "feel" of the knock off levers I can absolutely tell you that the feel from the original PAZZO branded levers is night and day better than the stockers; solid and precision are just two words that come to mind. Also with the increased adjustment range that these levers provide I find myself tuning them in for the gloves that I wear or even for the type of riding I find myself doing at that given moment whereas with the stockers I just lived with the one position that felt better than the rest.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »
They also have that neat "break off point" so if you drop the bike and the lever hits, it breaks (or is supposed to) in a spot that still leaves you with a usable lever.

Having broken a lever on two occasions now, I can vouch that I count myself lucky that when just the round ball end broke off the second time, I was a much happier camper.  Noting the 'notch' in those chinese levers makes me want to break out the dremel and similary notch my other lever, or just cut off the round end altogether.

As I use the inner parts of the lever anyways to brake, having an end whacked off of my lever really doesn't bother me.  I suppose if things started to bind it might become an issue, but I have strong fingers to begin with.  Plus, this protects the handle a bit as the bar end now extends an inch or two past the brake handle.

Damn drunk guy knocking my bike over anyways...
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline F-106

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 10:53:26 PM »
+1 to adjustments.  For type of riding, thickness of gloves, hand fatigue from repetitive motion

+1 to the thicker, flatter surface.   Less fatigue, and feels more solid

Add +2 for SHORTY levers for me.  Makes it easier to hold the grip and clutch...or use front brake and throttle simultaneously.  If you are strong enough, one or two fingers should be plenty for street braking.  Keeps your throttle hand from getting pinched by the brake lever sometimes too.

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline Vic Salisbury

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
Ditto to all the positive remarks already.
I really like the feel and the extra adjustment, plus easier to "adjust" with the lever.

like to add, I did have to tighten up the screw and nut on the lever a smidgen, they were a little loose for my taste out of the box. (some settling of contents during shipping I guess)
Second, I ordered the black at the beginning of summer, well, the Floor-e-duh sun down here faded them to a really cool looking gunmetal finish, so I don't mind.
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673
'97 Concours "Grinch"
Sarasota, FL

Offline Matt L

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290519791573

I'd guess those are the ones you'd be looking for.

No affiliation, etc...

Why are these only good for 1992-2006?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »
Why are these only good for 1992-2006?

That is because the pre-92 did not have adjustable levers; but trust me they will work on all years. I've read of numerous members who put newer style levers on older master cylinders without issue. So these knock off levers will work on all years; they just don't know because they only go by what the book says.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010