Author Topic: shame on me.  (Read 3641 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
shame on me.
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »
I came up to the Carolinas tonight...... in a CAGE.   :o ;D

I feel guilty I left the Connie14 for the house sitter. 1st time since I bought the bike have i drove the Tundra on a trip. No real reason either, decent weather, etc. My head is hanging low, my friends here will give me a bunch of hell and I'll deal with it. Perhaps i can find a local shrink up here to find the root cause of my insanity because i haven't a clue.....
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
Re: shame on me.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 01:32:21 AM »
Sometimes you need to spend time away from the bike to remind yourself why you like spending time with the bike.
 8)
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »
I drove the cage to work this morning (first time in almost two months).  There was only 1/4 inch of ice (packed snow) on the road............what was I thinkin'?   ;)

It was really nice driving past the idiots with summer tires on the Mustang and Golf GTi that couldn't even get going on an uphill after stopping for traffic.  Of course they had plates from Alabama and Texas.  I guess common sense is in short supply for southern folk that are temporarily displaced in a "northern" state.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
REPENT  Vow never to do it again! ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
I haven't posted for a few days in shame. But I got back from the Carolinas and parked the cage.  Couldn't stand it so hopped right on the Connie and took a trip to Port Charlotte, FL.  I asked KiPass for forgiveness and its all good once again  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
Welcome back #9334!
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Tarheelbob

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
say two "Hail KIPASS"", and post a few pics of pretty girls and all will be forgiven.  :chugbeer:
When life hands you lemons, go get the tequila and salt.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
say two "Hail KIPASS"", and post a few pics of pretty girls and all will be forgiven.  :chugbeer:

:rotflmao:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »

KiPass speaks for itself, but I have a shoot with a lovely (ok extremely fine) young lady scheduled for tomorrow night =)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
I think you are full of crap.....I demand some very skanky pics of these young ladies in my inbox as proof.....just sayin!!!!! Where in Florida are you by the way, I am gonna be down in St Pete Beach for a week at the end of Feb?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 10:06:51 PM »
I think you are full of crap.....I demand some very skanky pics of these young ladies in my inbox as proof.....just sayin!!!!! Where in Florida are you by the way, I am gonna be down in St Pete Beach for a week at the end of Feb?

I can't even post a joke around this "MC forum" without getting it removed, none of the "suggestive" pics will be sent hah!

Just joking.  many of us are near St Pete and it will be a shame if we don't have an opportunity to shake your hand while you're down here.

Anyway, here is what our area looks like in the winter:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
 ;D

Ok, you're forgiven...  :)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »
Nice snow balls......and we need to hook-up! Allot of old farts on this forum, their old tickers just can't take any suggestive material or pics.  I am gonna be down there from the 23rd-28th, hope to meet somebody in that timeframe. :chugbeer:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:31 AM »
Nice snow balls......and we need to hook-up! Allot of old farts on this forum, their old tickers just can't take any suggestive material or pics.  I am gonna be down there from the 23rd-28th, hope to meet somebody in that timeframe. :chugbeer:

Yer gonna miss out on meeting this old fart in that time frame. Wifey, brother and his SO and myself will be enjoying a latitude adjustment in the lower Keys, riding down on the 23rd, return the 27th of Feb. Camping in the back forty at the KOA on Sugarloaf Key.

Enjoy your time here.

Edit to add: You may wanna check this place out up at IRB:

http://www.keegansseafood.com/

I'm giving serious thought to an RTE there. Not pretty to get there from the Switzerland of Florida, though.

America's Seaplane City
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 05:45:45 AM »
Just thinkin' this thread is a poster child for "off topic". Gotta love this place...
America's Seaplane City

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
-but only "slightly" off