Author Topic: Shift to 1st gear, engine dies time and again...WTF??????  (Read 12599 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Shift to 1st gear, engine dies time and again...WTF??????
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
He hasn't been back on since posting this thread. :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »
Well, he only posted this yesterday, guys.  Give him some slack.  It's the weekend for goodness sake.  If he hasn't come back to us by next weekend then we can get out the pitch forks, tar, and feathers...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline texrider

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
What if he's been the victim of a faulty side stand safety switch, and there's nobody around to lift the bike off him?  :o
2014 Valkyrie

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 07:16:08 PM »
Well, he only posted this yesterday, guys.  Give him some slack.  It's the weekend for goodness sake.  If he hasn't come back to us by next weekend then we can get out the pitch forks, tar, and feathers...

Hate it when people have a life and keep us waiting...

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »
He hasn't been back on since posting this thread. :o
What about reply#11? Seems like guy.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »

If him it is under a different profile name, and we had already answered the original question before that.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:24 AM »

Can I at least get the tar warmed up and line the chickens up for plucking?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »

'Seems like guy.'  What form of English is that?  Caveman?  We're familiar with NinjaWarrior1400 of course, he's been around for quite a bit.  Ninjawarrior...not so much, but was created a day before ninjawarrior1400...same ip.  So the verdict is that they are the same guy.  Possibly he forgot his password and is using this as a backup id.  At any rate, mystery solved there.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 05:05:10 AM »
Can I at least get the tar warmed up and line the chickens up for plucking?

Sure...

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 07:54:59 AM »
'Seems like guy.'  What form of English is that?  Caveman?  We're familiar with NinjaWarrior1400 of course, he's been around for quite a bit.  Ninjawarrior...not so much, but was created a day before ninjawarrior1400...same ip.  So the verdict is that they are the same guy.  Possibly he forgot his password and is using this as a backup id.  At any rate, mystery solved there.
Sorry for the typo/mouse error. I originally typed "seems like the same user".  Was trying to change user to guy and evidently did not notice I also deleted "the same".  Sloppy of me.  But I agree the two posts are from the same person.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »
So the same question has now been asked twice by the same person, and by 2 different profiles by the same person? :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
So the same question has now been asked twice by the same person, and by 2 different profiles by the same person? :o
What's so unusual about that?  ;)
Actually the way I read it/speculate, he posted once, got an answer about side stand switch but did not thoroughly read it and assumed we meant he forgot to put the stand up before shifting into 1st. He then responded to say the stand WAS up, failing to realize we meant the switch was malfunctioning (as opposed to the rider malfunctioning). Of course the reason he misinterpreted the (probably correct) answers is that he has KeyPass phobia and is unable to focus on any non KeyPass related answers. ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »
All forgvn..

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
Multiple personalities?  I guess each of them need the explanation.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
Ok guys am glad you missed me...was out riding all day in glorious weather around Daytona Beach up US A1A here in Florida in shirt sleeve weather.....had NO issues with it yesterday at all....

Several times on Saturday with backing out of the garage was the first failure.....stand is up.......start the engine in neutral, clutch in shift to first gear..engine immediately dies.  I let it sit for 5 minutes went back to it, and it started up properly with no other issues...it occurred 4 different times on Saturday....I still took it to ride with one failure in 120 mile trip.

Put new KIPASS battery in about two weeks ago before these non-starts began so that is not an issue.

It does not seem to occur when the bike has warmed up and being ridden....just when cold out of the garage.  Having to push it up hill inside the garage was a scary thought!

Have had no problems with this bike whatsoever and with only 6000 miles on the clock it has been a jem of a machine...garaged, covered, rarely caught in the rain.

But the kickstand is always up ready to ride, shift into gear and immediately shuts down.

And yes I am the same guy Ninjawarrior..had computer problems with password etc so had to reinvent myself with another name..to get back here...but it is nice to be missed..just had to take it out all day yesterday and push it...thousands of bikes were all over central Florida riding enjoying our great 70degree weather....wish all you guys were here....

So if I take it to the dealer for a new switch and it fails to fail when they test it, now do they justify installing a new switch under warranty???????

Ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
See..I told you he would be back. 

I rather doubt a dealer will replace a switch if they don't see it failing.  May be less stressful to replace it yourself and have done with it...assuming that's the problem.

Put away the pitchforks, chickens, and tar....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »
Damn, the tar just got up to the right temp.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
Damn, the tar just got up to the right temp.

And I just ruined 3 perfectly good pillows for the feathers!!!!! Just bypass the switch, it is just another stupid safety feature anyways. My dirtbike has both the clutch and sidestand switches ripped out, will do the same with the C14 if it ever starts to act up.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
T.S.R.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »