Author Topic: Another farkle installed - HID kit  (Read 10198 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Another farkle installed - HID kit
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Just got an HID kit from A&R, had it installed today.  8)

I went with the 6000k and am very pleased with the results, can't wait to try them out at night!

A&R is doing free shipping right now to forum members, got the kit for $120 shipped, more info and link to them in this thread below:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6120.0

Offline Bagger

Re: Another farkle installed - HID kit
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
Nice look ZG ... as always, eh.

With 57* (F) temps today, I was out on the C14 running some amber headlights and city's.  Photo is old and does not give adequate representation.  I'll do better soon.

I do like the HDs, tho.  Excellent beams, m'friend !
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »
Just got an HID kit from A&R, had it installed today.  8)

I went with the 6000k and am very pleased with the results, can't wait to try them out at night!

A&R is doing free shipping right now to forum members, got the kit for $120 shipped, more info and link to them in this thread below:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6120.0

That looks FANTASTIC!  It is on my short list.  Thanks, any install advice?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
Well, I'm probably not the best for install advice, I love to ride em but know my mechanical limits, seem to always screw things like this up so I had my shop do the install...

I did have a deep discussion with them though about the kit and install, they said the kit was very nice (compared to other HID kits they've done), only issue they ran into was due to my Top Block sliders, they had to make a custom bracket because with having the Top Block sliders the standard mounting point by the radiator per the instructions was not an option. All good though and very clean install!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
Thanks.  Is there a bluish tint on the 6000k kit and do you think this improves visibility to oncoming drivers?  I seldom ride at night so I can afford to give up some distance. 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »
It's pretty white, very little blue if any IMO...

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:36:31 PM »
Man those look great with the city lights... I may have to pick some up!  What city lights are you running anyways?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 09:51:03 PM »
Man those look great with the city lights... I may have to pick some up!  What city lights are you running anyways?

Thanks EB.  :chugbeer:

The A&R kit includes the those matching city lights too, not sure what the spec on em are...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:32 PM »
I did have a deep discussion with them though about the kit and install, they said the kit was very nice (compared to other HID kits they've done), only issue they ran into was due to my Top Block sliders, they had to make a custom bracket because with having the Top Block sliders the standard mounting point by the radiator per the instructions was not an option. All good though and very clean install!

It is unfortunate that the seller does not post any manual or instructions at all.
http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1426

It almost looks like they are withholding it? "Included in this kit you get the following:  Website Link to Step By Step Instructions with Color Pictures"

People like me, who would consider such a kit, are not willing to buy without knowing everything ahead of time (what parts, how they are installed, what they look like, theory of operation, etc).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »
It is unfortunate that the seller does not post any manual or instructions at all.
http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1426

It almost looks like they are withholding it? "Included in this kit you get the following:  Website Link to Step By Step Instructions with Color Pictures"

People like me, who would consider such a kit, are not willing to buy without knowing everything ahead of time (what parts, how they are installed, what they look like, theory of operation, etc).

Here you go Max, from the instructions.  :)   :grouphug:

http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/directions/concourshidinstructions.html

Now get off your a$$ and buy it, trust me you'll love it!  ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »

Here you go Max, from the instructions.  :)   :grouphug:

http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/directions/concourshidinstructions.html

Now get off your a$$ and buy it, trust me you'll love it!  ;D

:)  Thanks!  I will inspect it closely.  We all expect a thorough review from you on this product, including pics!  I will help you out:

1) Initial impression on brightness
2) Initial impressions on lighting distance and general driving
3) Pattern- how has it changed, how controlled is it; both for low and high beam
4) Is the cutoff straight on low beam
5) How long for them to warm up to full
6) Your thoughts about blinding oncoming traffic
7) Light color

Stuff like that :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
:)  Thanks!  I will inspect it closely.  We all expect a thorough review from you on this product, including pics!  I will help you out:

1) Initial impression on brightness
2) Initial impressions on lighting distance and general driving
3) Pattern- how has it changed, how controlled is it; both for low and high beam
4) Is the cutoff straight on low beam
5) How long for them to warm up to full
6) Your thoughts about blinding oncoming traffic
7) Light color

Stuff like that :)

I can give you my impressions right now.  I have had the 6000K kit from A&R for about a year and love it.

1) Better than stock for both low and high beams.  Makes everything seem much more clear at night.
2) The low beams seem to project farther, the brights are about the same.
3) Pattern for the low beams is very controlled and the cut off line is very sharp when the headlights are aimed correctly.  The brights seem to "scatter" but still give plenty of output.
4) Pattern and cutoff are excellent with the low beam.
5) 1-2 seconds
6) No issues since the cutoff is so sharp
7) 6000K give a bright white hue with a slight bluish tint.  I really like it since it stands out but doesn't give up much in the way of output to the 4300K kit. 

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »
That is an amazing photograph.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
That is an amazing photograph.

Which one?

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
Which one?
The bottom one of course. With the "silhouettes" of the C14 and the little girl, framed by the garage door, the shadowy foreground with the details in the background, the house and tree across the street, the basketball goal and the way the windshield focuses the blue sky and clouds behind it. I know it is probably an accident but it is art. You should submit it to a contest.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
The bottom one of course. With the "silhouettes" of the C14 and the little girl, framed by the garage door, the shadowy foreground with the details in the background, the house and tree across the street, the basketball goal and the way the windshield focuses the blue sky and clouds behind it. I know it is probably an accident but it is art. You should submit it to a contest.

Most definitely an accident, but after closer inspection I do see some interesting aspects.  My son (you can see his head poking above the dash area) was sitting on my bike and I asked my youngest daughter to watch him while I snapped a picture. 

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
I was wondering what that was.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »
Lights:  Sweet!
Photos #1 & #2:  Cool. "Phone Home!", ET.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline aandrmotorsport

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »

We do include the instructions with every kit we sell,  we just like to make sure that people use it for our kit and not some inferior quality kit. We dont want people pointing fingers at us if they have issues with the kit install because they used our instructions with a bad kit. I have no problem answering any questions you might have about the install.

I do hope you understand.

-Patrick

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
We do include the instructions with every kit we sell,  we just like to make sure that people use it for our kit and not some inferior quality kit. We dont want people pointing fingers at us if they have issues with the kit install because they used our instructions with a bad kit. I have no problem answering any questions you might have about the install.

Well, since I got to look at the instructions now (  :)  )  I am even more interested than before.  I am trying to talk myself out of it now...

(Also known as, now I am in the denial stage)