Author Topic: 92 C10 For sale in Indiana  (Read 1209 times)

Offline blade

92 C10 For sale in Indiana
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:09:59 AM »
I picked up this 92 because my GF said she couldn't keep up with me on her GS500. Unfortunately when push came to shove she felt that she couldn't comfortably handle a Connie.

Details
1992 Connie: black with the red pinstripe. About 55K miles (I have to check for actual mileage).

The good:
I did a base service when I got the bike.
valve check, oil/filter change, rear diff fluid and a carb sync

It has a rifle setup with a shorty screen courtesy of the PO
PO also added LEDs for tail/signal lights.
He also said he added Sonic 1.0 or 1.1s but he couldn't remember which.
Tires are ME880s and at about 60% wear

The bad:
PO had a high side incident so there is some rash along the right side.
He replaced the right side antler but the bag was damaged. There was a piece that had been knocked out on the back of the bag. I used some ABS cement and stuck it back in but I suspect that the bag is no longer water tight, even with the repair.
The mid fairing was cracked as well, but I was able to get it lined up and applied a little JB weld on the back side so it will not be a problem
Of course the upper fairing is damaged around the right mirror as can be expected.
The right side glove box section was broken but I found a replacement and put it on.
The battery was bad but I am replacing it with the AGM from my 05.
The only other item right now is the balancer shaft seal leaks. I have a new seal just haven't had the time to install it.

The PO told me that after his high side he continued to ride the bike after he did some repairs. I have ridden it up and down the street a couple of times and everything seems to be good to go.

Right now I need the garage space to get my 05 on the lift to do some long overdo PM, so I want to move the 92 onto someone that has the time to enjoy it.

Bike is $1200, located on the west side of Indianapolis IN.  Send me an email at   blade46234 at yah00. calm