Author Topic: NEW GUARDS FROM MCENTERPRISES  (Read 15304 times)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Re: NEW GUARDS FROM MCENTERPRISES
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
Are they ADA compliant?

:popcorn:

Offline mcclaskeyj

• Adventure...redefined
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
Those look exactly the same as mine.

'83 C70 Honda Passport   '06 Honda Rebel 250
'76 Kawasaki KZ400          '79 Suzuki GS1000L
'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250     '07 C14 ABS  '09 C14 Red                            '08 CRF230L
http://www.bikepics.com/members/mcclaskeyj/

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »
They look like they are meant for the Police Package.  They really aren't all that aesthetically challenged.  I can see me getting the rear ones and combined them with a set of front frame sliders.
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline FireIdiot

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »
What about the bars from Bygdawg? Has anyone compared them to the McEnterprises ones?
1999 Yamaha Zuma 50 (Camping Scooter)
2010 C14 ABS Blue
Member Red Knights - IL Chapter 21

Offline GW2

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »
I emailed Bygdawg about his, told him I was interested in his guards and basically asking him what the difference between his and MC Enterprise's. He never responded.  Lost my business.
2008 C14

Joncon11

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
Did the thread with instructions on trimming the cooling fins on the fairings so they can be taken off without removing the bars go down with the other site?  If anyone here has done this, please post up some pics please. I tried searching with no success (I'm not the best at searching though). Thanks for the help!

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
Did the thread with instructions on trimming the cooling fins on the fairings so they can be taken off without removing the bars go down with the other site?  If anyone here has done this, please post up some pics please. I tried searching with no success (I'm not the best at searching though). Thanks for the help!

I did it when I originally installed my MC bars.  I just removed the right side panel earlier today in order to get access to the header nuts and I have not put it back on yet.  I will take a picture tonight and post it up.  BTW- EVERY header nut was loose.  I know they don't call for much in terms of a torque requirement, but these were really loose.  I don't want to highjack this thread, but removal of the tupperwear (right side) and removal of the lower radiator bolt was required (by me anyway) to get access to the two of the header nuts.  It MAY be possible without removing the plastic, but I could not get it done. 

armyguns
2010 C14
2010 C14 ABS

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »
See if this pic helps. 
2010 C14 ABS

Joncon11

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »
I did it when I originally installed my MC bars.  I just removed the right side panel earlier today in order to get access to the header nuts and I have not put it back on yet.  I will take a picture tonight and post it up.  BTW- EVERY header nut was loose.  I know they don't call for much in terms of a torque requirement, but these were really loose.  I don't want to highjack this thread, but removal of the tupperwear (right side) and removal of the lower radiator bolt was required (by me anyway) to get access to the two of the header nuts.  It MAY be possible without removing the plastic, but I could not get it done. 

armyguns
2010 C14

That's fantastic! I sure would appreciate it. Ready for the unbelievable truth? I checked my header nuts while installing the MC Enterprise bars and the ones I could reach were tight! I was surprised...

Joncon11

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
Thanks so much, this is perfect!

See if this pic helps.
[/quote/]

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »
That's fantastic! I sure would appreciate it. Ready for the unbelievable truth? I checked my header nuts while installing the MC Enterprise bars and the ones I could reach were tight! I was surprised...

How many could you reach?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Joncon11

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »
How many could you reach?   ;)

I'll play your game ;D, I could only reach two...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 04:55:49 PM »
I'll play your game ;D, I could only reach two...

LOL  I see...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
 :rotflmao:   You walked into that one, didn't you?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Joncon11

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
:rotflmao:   You walked into that one, didn't you?

I sure did. I have to watch how I word things around hear :-X. How does fasteners sound? ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »
I sure did. I have to watch how I word things around hear :-X. How does fasteners sound? ;)

Well, had you said "the" instead of "my", you could have gotten away with it!  Otherwise, "bolts" maybe?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 05:32:26 AM »
 ;D