Author Topic: TPMS unit replaced  (Read 22688 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: TPMS unit replaced
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »
Yeah.... that usually results in some one getting a 'pee-pee slap' if not an outright dogpile.

Just go over there and read the thread and all will be answered :-)

Brian
That only goes one way. Nobody minds clicking a link here. See reply 25
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,47459.msg316126.html#msg316126

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
From what I read over at the COG site Kawasaki is replacing the sensor with a new part that can not be opened up so that the battery can be replaced.  >:(

NOW YER GONNA MAKE ME GO LOOK....
 ::) ::) ::)

WHICH EGG=SPURT MADE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT THERE? ??? ::)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 01:55:12 PM »
Now see, it is this kind of genial humanity that is rapidly healing the rift between the two forums....

:rotflmao:

You are the living version of the saying 'Nothing exceeds like excess!' Rich.  :-)

Brian

NOW YER GONNA MAKE ME GO LOOK....
 ::) ::) ::)

WHICH EGG=SPURT MADE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT THERE? ??? ::)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
True enough but not all of us that frequent both sides feel that way. Some of us do what we can to take 'the minds and hearts' of people in a soothing direction but it ain't easy or fast.  The very best news is that there are people joining both places every day that have no history or ax to grind in either direction and over time, and with positive encouragement, I think things will move in a less hostile direction. Certainly some evil things happened, and some were wronged and cannot get past that, and I respect those feelings but still here we all are an it does not look like anyone is going away. That leaves us two choices: coexist harmoniously or coexist with hostility.

OK, off soap box now. :D

Brian
COG #9125, Northeast area assistant area director. (AAD or ADD, whichever you like best)

That only goes one way. Nobody minds clicking a link here.

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 02:10:36 PM »

Brian
COG #9125, Northeast area assistant area director. (AAD or ADD, whichever you like best)
...or in my case AADD. What was.....oooo shiney.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 02:18:30 PM »
What's wrong with grinding an axe?  You got something against sharp axes?  Are you saying that you like dull axes?  Maybe you got something against lumberjacks?

Lumberjack Song - Monty Python

Maybe, just maybe, you've got something against sharpening swords?

Cause if you do....

Bugs Bunny: This Means War
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
Now see, it is this kind of genial humanity that is rapidly healing the rift between the two forums....

You are the living version of the saying 'Nothing exceeds like excess!' Rich.  :-)

Brian

well, Veni-Vidi-Vici...
 it seems true, coming from the people who wrote it... ( the part about sealed TPS units...)

I personally visit both sites, but have had a good dose of "poke him in the eye.... burn him.... he's a Witch...." from those folks still...
(as you saw firsthand over there.... ;)  )

as for "harmony", I got biotch slapped by The Bob, and others, for mistakingly posting a link to the rust removal post here, forgetting it required a login.... man, 4 pages of freakin' whining.... ::)

than they said, oh great stuff...(after I posted it there for them....I hate double posting....)

::) go figger'

"help, help, I'm being repressed...."

http://youtu.be/kNKSzmM44gE

at least we can see the humor in posting Monty python....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
What humor?  I was being serious.  ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »
What humor?  I was being serious.  ;)

c'mon, I know you better than that, you don't hang around in bars..... now the woman's undies thing I can't Verify tho... :rotflmao: :yikes: :popcorn:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
Right.... :rotflmao:   But wait....I was in a bar last night in Williamsburg drinking.............martinis!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 03:05:14 PM »
Yeah.... that usually results in some one getting a 'pee-pee slap' if not an outright dogpile.

Just go over there and read the thread and all will be answered :-)

Brian

Are you saying that 'they' don't allow cross posting to our forum? 

However, if you really must cross post to somewhere, how about...

http://www.gtr1400.co.uk/forums/index.php  and tell them I sent you...  Most likely you'll be banned outright, but it's worth a shot.

This is really going off topic isn't it?   But it is an interesting thread as threads go.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
Are you saying that 'they' don't allow cross posting to our forum?

he thought you said Cross DRESSING..... they don't allow any scantly covered breastages or questionable avatars over on the other site....

simply because they allow children to have free reign of the content.

sad, I don't let my kids visit the sites I use, and they are mid 30's.

;) ;)

Right.... :rotflmao:   But wait....I was in a bar last night in Williamsburg drinking.............martinis!

what an oxy-moron.... they didn't invent the tini till well after 1776... you got to stay outta the old places.... 8) :'( ;D
at times I miss :D Virginia... :D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
Yeah, I read that thread and I gotta' tell ya' the fantastic part of the whole thing was when he asked something to the effect 'now, was this worth all of that'..... the guy who was most responsible for all of that wanted to know....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But fun is where you find it, and I find it most everywhere so....  I bet now whenever you see a crowd with torches and pitchforks you know who they are after, right? 'Paranoia is just good thinkin' when everyone is looiin' at ya'.'  ;D

Brian

<snip>

I personally visit both sites, but have had a good dose of "poke him in the eye.... burn him.... he's a Witch...." from those folks still...
(as you saw firsthand over there.... ;)  )

as for "harmony", I got biotch slapped by The Bob, and others, for mistakingly posting a link to the rust removal post here, forgetting it required a login.... man, 4 pages of freakin' whining.... ::)

<snip>

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »
Cross dresser? Isn't that the nickname for the water cooled Harley?
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »
That only goes one way. Nobody minds clicking a link here. See reply 25
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,47459.msg316126.html#msg316126

Didn't see anything about Kawasaki changing the units to make it impossible to open them and replace the battery.  Just the talk about "the new improved LDL tire watch systems".  The idea of putting some aftermarket sensors in my wheels and sticking some extra display on the dash isn't very appealing to me.

What would be appealing would be a different type of C14 compatible sensor that could: have a much bigger and longer lasting battery system (10 years?) or something that used kinetic energy to generate a charge so there would be no battery, or maybe some type of wireless recharging system (not sure that is possible through the metal rim, though), or something that fits on the valve stem externally so battery replacement is pie.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »
I just referenced Murph's comments. Read the thread.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »
I just referenced Murph's comments. Read the thread.

Didn't even notice it was a long thread above.  Thanks

Ug, this is horrible news.  I have no idea what I am going to do when it is time....
I hope someone keeps this thread updated.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 03:38:34 AM »
Didn't even notice it was a long thread above.  Thanks

Ug, this is horrible news.  I have no idea what I am going to do when it is time....
I hope someone keeps this thread updated.

It's simple enough to replace the batteries, Max, in the current sensors.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 03:57:32 AM »
Ma Kaw has eliminated some warranty work from those who will now just replace the batteries.