Author Topic: Snow.... before Haloween?????  (Read 5888 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Snow.... before Haloween?????
« on: October 28, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Here in southern New England, snow is unusual before Thanksgiving, never mind Halloween (31 October). But the forecast is calling for a Nor'easter (typical storm for this area) but because the temperature has taken a dive, it looks like the normal rain is going to be white and sticky (easy boys!). I am sure this is Kawasaki's or KiPass's fault somehow. Still, I am going to change the batteries in both fobs in the hope that KiPass can at least dump our snow in MA (sorry to you Massachusettites). Looks like I am going to have to move the snow blower out behind the tractor long before I expected to have too.

Not to worry Steve, Honda and KiPass are on the job should snow accumulate. This is KiPass on a Honda snow blower....

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline okxd45

Re: Snow.... before Haloween?????
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Yep.......calling for 6-10 here in Hershey Land. Definitely not in Oklahoma anymore!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 04:47:11 AM »
This is just wrong..............
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:13:32 AM »
Even here 40 miles west of DC in Northern Virginia I am looking at sleet and ice on the cars, grass, outdoor furniture, etc.  Just raining now with the occassional ice pellets mixed in.

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:39:58 AM »
Just raining here in South Jersey, but, the forcast is calling for an inch or so of snow overnight. Time to gear up and head out for a ride.

Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 07:09:04 AM »
We have a cold front moving through, light rain and 67. Will be about 70 with dew point sliding to around 50  this evening for the neighbor's garage/driveway based Halloween party.

A pic of yours truly and my wifey Margie, enjoying a  pre party beer at last year's Halloween festivities.

Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
Some places could get over a foot!!! I could get over 6" in Southern Maine.
Joel from Maine.

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »
For anybody in VA that know Winchester area.  A buddy of mine lives on a mountain top off rt 50 headed away from Winchester almost to West Virginia.  He texted me a pic standing on his deck with the ruler stuck in the snow.  11 inches and still coming down pretty good.  Then he sent me a pic of him sitting on the couch, crown & coke in hand, and a fire going in the fireplace.  I actually got jealous. 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
Here in southern New England, snow is unusual before Thanksgiving, never mind Halloween (31 October). But the forecast is calling for a Nor'easter (typical storm for this area) but because the temperature has taken a dive, it looks like the normal rain is going to be white and sticky (easy boys!). I am sure this is Kawasaki's or KiPass's fault somehow. Still, I am going to change the batteries in both fobs in the hope that KiPass can at least dump our snow in MA (sorry to you Massachusettites). Looks like I am going to have to move the snow blower out behind the tractor long before I expected to have too.

Not to worry Steve, Honda and KiPass are on the job should snow accumulate. This is KiPass on a Honda snow blower....

Brian
The fob battery in the pic must be bad. The gas tank is only half full.

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »
Optimum power to weight ratio; the fob never lets the fuel level fall below half.
COG 9250

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »
Nope, the fob is working perfectly.... the tank is actually empty.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »
6:30 Sat. night and not the first flake here. Quite a bit of snow reported in CT but nothing this far east yet.

That global warming just isn't working really well is it? [rhetorical question]

Brian

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
Over 1" here already. It started almost 2 hours ago.
Joel from Maine.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »

Brian

Yes sir, You're in GREAT shape right there my friend!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
What it looked like earlier today down here...

COG 9250

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
We have a cold front moving through, light rain and 67. Will be about 70 with dew point sliding to around 50  this evening for the neighbor's garage/driveway based Halloween party.

A pic of yours truly and my wifey Margie, enjoying a  pre party beer at last year's Halloween festivities.

Nice pic!!!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 11:26:31 AM »
About 6" total for Wells Maine. All the snowblowing is done. Did some sliding with the kids. Ready for Spring time now.
Joel from Maine.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »
We ended up with 3" or 4" here and all of it melted today. Kirby was right- KiPass took care of everything.

Brian

About 6" total for Wells Maine. All the snowblowing is done. Did some sliding with the kids. Ready for Spring time now.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
AC on at my house  8)