Author Topic: Here is the damage, what do you think?  (Read 9462 times)

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
Re: Here is the damage, what do you think?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
Lucky jeans (I left my Joe Rocket pants in the saddlebags)  Joe Rocket alter ego 2.0 jacket, and Icon Patrol boots.  I will never wear jeans when I am out riding hard again.  The Jacket held up well and the boots were phenomenonal.  My right foot should have gotten broken the way I went down but the boot saved it.  Now I just need to get my bum ankle fixed and I might be able to think about running again.

Wow!  Lucky indeed.   Very glad indeed that I didnt get a PLR on this one.  I have never looked at riding pants before, but after riding hard this past weekend and reading your post I think I may look into them. 

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »
Glad you guys made it through...How did your jeans hold up?  Ripped to shyte?  I see you listed a bunch of WTB posts, looking for parts to repair her?

The spot above my right boot was shredded and I have an area a little bigger than a softball that is rashed on my leg.

The WTB posts are to improve the suspension and exhaust on my bike, I can fix the damage from the lowside with about $500 worth of plastic and parts. 

Wow!  Lucky indeed.   Very glad indeed that I didnt get a PLR on this one.  I have never looked at riding pants before, but after riding hard this past weekend and reading your post I think I may look into them.

Leather will hold up much better than anything else.  I am currently shopping for a good jacket and pants.  I just bought a pair AGV boots to wear when I want to ride hard.  My Icon boots are still good but the right one took quite a beating, at least the seams and leather are still in good shape.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline booger

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 07:14:43 PM »
I just wish my wife hadn't been with me, that is my biggest regret.  Now it will be hard to get her back on the bike with me.

You need to reconsider this statement according to what her "pain and inconvenience" allowance is.  Don't forget to throw in loss of consortium  ;)

Offline v10killer

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 06:35:20 AM »
I didn't realize your wife was with you when ya low sided,  that thought scares the hell out of me just to imagine it. Truly glad you two are ok. Really hoping to hook up with you and your dad for a ride next year. I do like the kawasaki green,  but have you seen the Snakeskin  green from the 2010 Viper?  Maybe abit more cash cause of the pearl in it but worth a look. 

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »
So many good colors and I can only choose one.  M109R orange is another option, just not sure if I want to go flashy or keep it subdued.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 06:51:56 AM »
I'd probably say no to the "arrestmeorange".

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 07:10:30 AM »

Both colors will catch lots of attention (Orange and Kawi green), I also like being able to hide dust.  This is gonna be a hard decision, I might just say screw it and do it all in gun metal grey that way I can blend in even more than I do now.

Offline Loren

• Baldwin Motorbike Saddles
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:42 AM »

Now that is hoot! 
Loren
Baldwin Motorbike Saddles
www.MotorbikeSaddles.com

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 07:19:33 AM »
Won't be any internal damage to the motor even if it was running.
The C14 has a fall switch that kills the motor once the bike goes past 65 degrees from vertical.
And I don't care how good you are, you can't even get near that lean angle on a C14.  ;D
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline v10killer

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 07:20:27 AM »
Both colors will catch lots of attention (Orange and Kawi green), I also like being able to hide dust.  This is gonna be a hard decision, I might just say screw it and do it all in gun metal grey that way I can blend in even more than I do now.

That's another thing I like about the Connie is that I do blend in and get alot less interruptions at stops than I do on the 9.

Excavator

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:51 AM »
That's another thing I like about the Connie is that I do blend in and get alot less interruptions at stops than I do on the 9.

Same here, answering 100 questions at the gas stops was quite time comsuming (still love the 109 though).

If I were to paint my 14 my first choice would be a dark green metallic, other than that I would have to go with a total Matte black out.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 07:32:18 AM »

My M109R wasn't even close to being as good looking as yours and I couldn't get do anything without fielding questions for at least 10 minutes every time I stopped. 

With the C14 I get the occasional "Nice BMW." or "Which BMW is that?" other than that it goes a little like this.  "Do you know why I pulled you over today?" 

Offline v10killer

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »

With the C14 I get the occasional "Nice BMW." or "Which BMW is that?" other than that it goes a little like this.  "Do you know why I pulled you over today?"

I've heard that a few times on the 9 and I'm sure it'll be even more likely on the connie. Acceptable risk for the fun factors of both bikes.