Author Topic: Trac Control - the Anti ABS thread (dark matter)  (Read 5971 times)

Offline stewart

Re: Trac Control - the Anti ABS thread (dark matter)
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »
No they did not tell me to coast. They told me to finish braking and to have postive throttle in, through and out of the corner. Bikes want to either be on the brakes or throttle, inbetween they don't know what the riders wants.

So postive throttle through and then pointed in the right direction (mostly) then power on. Obviously power on as soon as possible without loosing it.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
No they did not tell me to coast. They told me to finish braking and to have postive throttle in, through and out of the corner. Bikes want to either be on the brakes or throttle, inbetween they don't know what the riders wants.

So postive throttle through and then pointed in the right direction (mostly) then power on. Obviously power on as soon as possible without loosing it.

Okay, that reads different than your first post above. 
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 02:03:37 AM »
The instructors basically told you to coast through the turns on a track?  I promise you that no professional or proficient amateur racer follows that advice.  Also, if you are pointed the right direction before "you start to power on" why not wack the throttle?

That is the key: professional. I know guys in my job that train going down some Alpine pass with the gearbox in neutral, in order to hone their skills at finding the right line. I couldn't follow them even if I used the gears...  :-[
Those guys have the skills to kiss good bye everything we are saying here and brake late in the corner and accelerate earlier, way before the bike is up, power slide, etc. In short: I hate them.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:18:03 AM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 02:56:16 AM »
That is the key: professional. I know guys in my job that train going down some Alpine pass with the gearbox in neutral, in order to hone their skills at finding the right line. I couldn't follow them even if I used the gears...  :-[
Those guys have the skills to kiss good bye everything we are saying here and brake late in the corner and accelerate earlier, way before the bike is up, power slide, etc. In short: I hate them.  :banghead:

how do they "power slide" in neutral "  ?

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 03:20:54 AM »
how do they "power slide" in neutral "  ?

That was on the second part/sentence/paragraph of my post. I meant it as a description of other examples and situations in which they (professionals) can do things that most of us can't. Sorry if it was confusing.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.