Author Topic: I finally get it...abs  (Read 9642 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: I finally get it...abs
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
Here is my opinion (not that it is worth much).  I just came into the market for another C14 and I will be shopping for an ABS model, because how often do we ride in perfect conditions with 100% awareness of every single little thing going on around us.  I for one will try to find a bike with ABS, if I find the perfect (non-abs) bike that has all the farkles I want already on it then I might think about it but ABS is pretty high on my priority list and I might even fork over some extra cash and get a KTRC equipped bike.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
<pic snip>

Thanks, I was looking for that pic/drawing a few weeks ago.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:13 PM »
I'm glad I brought this up here.  I hated to, but I'm glad I did.  After 40 years of riding, and holding several licenses, its far easier to pretend I have mad skills, laugh at those who dont, and never make mistakes.

Still, I felt I had to come clean on the abs issue.  I've bashed most of the electronic devices and detest many of the modern bikes because of them.  But, I'll go ahead and make an exception for abs and will try to be more open minded with traction control. I remember one year being against water cooling and disc brakes.....

I'm not ready for an abs dirtbike.  I can see that not working very well.  As far as street riding goes, its abs now, for me.  I understand many dont feel that way.  I've ridden enough to know where my weaknesses are.  The first is right hand turns, I hate them. The second is not paying close enough attention, ALL of the time, and slipping into this "auto-pilot" mode at times.

So, I'll work on both of these, but I'm ok with a bike that works with me, even if it is due to electronics.   

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »
Use all your learned skills plus ABS......what is the problem? ::) If ya don't want it then so be it, I for one will take an ABS model concerning bikes of this mass, girth, and HP. And I am quite content with the size of my manhood.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 10:02:30 PM »
I am glad this is settled. ABS rocks!
But I still don't get it. :rotflmao:
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 04:03:40 AM »
Ok, as is usual for this subject (about every month or so), opinions have been stated on both sides multiple times.  I think that's enough for now.  Please start this thread again in about a month and a half.  We'll all have recovered by then.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.