Author Topic: C-15 possibly in the making.......?  (Read 19117 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
C-15 possibly in the making.......?
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
With speculation of a larger engine block on the new ZX-14R being released next Monday, it seems likely that Kawasaki will follow suit and make only one sized engine block to fit into both the C-14 and the new ZX-14R in the future.  I think around 1441cc is the future engine size and about 584 pounds and about $14,699.00.

So......sometime in the future we may see an increase in power in the C-14 too, with a larger engine.  From a manufacturing standpoint and wanting to sell more bikes, Kawasaki I think will want to have the largest engines in their two top flagship bikes, as they do now........the C-14 Concourse, and the ZX-14R.

This should help stimulate new sales, help the economy, and help keep Kawasaki turning out the technological improvements we all love to see as things get more dynamic in the motorcycle riding industry.

First there was the C-10, then the C-14 which was a very big jump in engine size, maybe a C-15 is in the near future?

Kawasaki marketing may be interested in making the BMW folks look over their shoulders!

What do you guys think?

How many of us would sell or trade our C-14's to get another 50 horsepower in the C-14?

If they really want to sell more bikes, get rid of linked braking,  add cruise control, and self cancelling turn signal indicators as standard equipment........!!

Ninja
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:37:47 AM by ninjawarrior1400 »
Ninjawarrior

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
Re: C-14R possibly in the making?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
I think that Kawasaki will make great use of this targeted sales ploy, as guys like me will happily trade in the 14 they own outright on a 15.   Will be watching closely for news.

Offline Bourne2Ride

Re: C-15 possibly in the making.......?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »
If only to compete with the BMW 1600GT. Our engine with 1500 CC can more than match the big bimmer.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
I wonder/would be willing to bet they will increase stroke and maybe bore to get the increase.  What I'm interested in is what will cross over to our current engine.  I'm afraid ABS and traction controll will be forced on us.  Make an option to disable ABS and make it unlinked/switchable and I'd be interested in about 150000 miles ;D  Oh, dont forget cruise as a factory installed option........

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:34:59 AM »
The teasers definitely point to a ZX14R. Still using the number 14. So I'm assuming the engine will still be under 1500. But the rumor mill has it with a super charger. I wouldn't mind seeing that translate over into a Connie.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »
I wonder/would be willing to bet they will increase stroke and maybe bore to get the increase.  What I'm interested in is what will cross over to our current engine.  I'm afraid ABS and traction controll will be forced on us.  Make an option to disable ABS and make it unlinked/switchable and I'd be interested in about 150000 miles ;D  Oh, dont forget cruise as a factory installed option........

Interesting since I will not buy another bike without ABS and traction control. I don't care about linked but it doesn't bother me that it has it.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
Increasing the CC's and making the engine bigger is STUPID!  They can extract more power and torque from the existing block if they feel the need to.  How about instead:

1.  Improve the fuel mapping and add a wide band O2 sensor.

2.  Add a cruise control.

3.  Redesign the fairings for easier access.  Or at least make them so you can remove them without breaking them.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »
My bet - years and years before they make any more changes since the upgrades on the '10. So far we're up to two
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:17:36 AM »
Increasing the CC's and making the engine bigger is STUPID!  They can extract more power and torque from the existing block if they feel the need to.  How about instead:

1.  Improve the fuel mapping and add a wide band O2 sensor.

2.  Add a cruise control.

3.  Redesign the fairings for easier access.  Or at least make them so you can remove them without breaking them.

But that makes too much sense!!!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »
My bet - years and years before they make any more changes since the upgrades on the '10. So far we're up to two
I hope you're right. Leave it alone and give me a price cut.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Khrome

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »
I just got mine, but I would entertain the thought in trading for "cruise" alone...  If there were other things such as increased engine displacement or anything else it would just be icing on the cake for me.
Khrome 2011 C14...09 Kaw Voyager...08 Yam WR250X...07 Yam FJR...06 Suz M109...04 Yam RoadStar...03 Kaw ZZR 1200... 02Kaw ZRX1200...01 KTM LC4...00 Kaw KLR 650...99 Kaw C10...98 Kaw ZRX 1100...94 Kaw Zephyr 750...85 Kaw 454LTD...79 Honda XL250S

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
I'd just do a Guhl reflash of my ECU ($400), instead of loosing $$$$ in the trade. Hopefully a cruise control that would be backwards compatible with our C-14's is all that I need. A C-15 would equal more weight, however small that would be but still it is already heavy enough.

A C-14 with cruise, a redone ECU from the factory and adjustable bars such as the new Heli's would keep this bike top notch!
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline Shoe

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
I don't know one dealer that would be willing to give me what I think my C-14 is worth. Besides that every time a newer version is launched the resale value on existing C14's falls further.

Of course if they would consider doing away with linked brakes, I might take back everything I said and scramble.... :)
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »
Why would you want a bike without ABS? ABS is the best feature ever to hit the motorcycle .  As long as i can disable traction control when i want im happy . as for linked brakes im fine either way.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
"Bold New Graphics"  Only significant changes to come to the C14 for years.

Especially if they change the Zx14 engine, the C14 will get the left overs for years just like the naked litre bikes get the "old litre bike engines.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
Why would you want a bike without ABS? ABS is the best feature ever to hit the motorcycle .  As long as i can disable traction control when i want im happy . as for linked brakes im fine either way.
That's the silliest statement to hit this forum in a while. As long as they charge extra for ABS I'll do without.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
That's the silliest statement to hit this forum in a while. As long as they charge extra for ABS I'll do without.

If it saves your ass just once it's worth every penny.

Offline Rowlander

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
You do realize that everything is paid for in one way or another. Do you still slice your own bread too? Cuz I bet the price of slicing is figured into that loaf of yours.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
You do realize that everything is paid for in one way or another. Do you still slice your own bread too? Cuz I bet the price of slicing is figured into that loaf of yours.
So THAT's why the bread I buy is so cheap. If he'd said ABS is the best thing since sliced bread I woulda let it slide.  ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »

I respectfully disagree.  It really agree that it is one of the best features to hit motorcycles from a safety standpoint.  Like others, I would NEVER buy a bike (or car) without it, now.  A few hundred dollars is simply not worth my life or limb.  On a high-end bike like the Concours, it would be silly to expect them to even offer non-ABS anymore.

(Of course, it is silly that we don't now have cruise control on a high-end, technological, sports-touring bike, but that is another matter)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc