Author Topic: GIPRO ATRE - any stories?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
GIPRO ATRE - any stories?
« on: September 12, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
My wife asked me what I want for my birthday next month.  Like many here, my problem is that when I want something, I usually just go get it.  Well, one thing I've been thinking about for a while is a Gipro ATRE.  I'm not willing to go so deep as to pull out the 'flies, and I don't have a Power Commander.   I would love to have a little more punch at the starting line, and that is what they claim for this unit.  She is ready to pull the trigger, but I wanted to see if there was anything out there that would make me withdraw the suggestion.  Stories?  Rumors?  Personal experiences?
Thanks in advance.
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline stewart

Re: GIPRO ATRE - any stories?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »
I considered the Gipro for a long time versus the flyectomy. But then I read about the work being done to develop a flash for the ECU. All things considered I waited, and waited, and waited and eventually it came for the 08/09. Then I had to wait some more for the 10/11.

In the end I went with the flash for several reasons. Its a single mod, it was priced very competitively, it achieves the same or similar results to removing the flies and PC. It doesn't impact the Traction Control, or as invasive as removing the flys.

So to me it made sense and I've been very happy with the improved low end performance.

Search for Guhl flash and you should find more details.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380