Author Topic: ZX-14 throttle body info!  (Read 18442 times)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Re: ZX-14 throttle body info!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »
You really need to take a vacation and come down here to Phoenix, AZ...  Get out of that weather and as a added bonus you could help me install all my farkles that are on there way....

ZX14 Throttlebody's
Full Muzzy exhaust
Autotune
Radiator Guard
Galfer Brake/clutch lines
New Brake Pads
Throttle Meister
Helmet lock
Big Foot
Axle Sliders

Damn I have my work cut out for me....  What was I thinking ordering all at once.

Oops I forgot:
New Spark Plugs
BMC Air filter
Front tire
Rear tire
and last but not least a oil change.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 11:54:44 PM »
You really need to take a vacation and come down here to Phoenix, AZ...  Get out of that weather and as a added bonus you could help me install all my farkles that are on there way....

ZX14 Throttlebody's
Full Muzzy exhaust
Autotune
Radiator Guard
Galfer Brake/clutch lines
New Brake Pads
Throttle Meister
Helmet lock
Big Foot
Axle Sliders

Damn I have my work cut out for me....  What was I thinking ordering all at once.
Phoenix this time of year should be really nice,  It may be something for the near future.
How old are the plugs?  I ride hard enough twice a year that I need them changed out when I have the valves done.  Still usable, but not pristine.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »
Phoenix this time of year should be really nice,  It may be something for the near future.
How old are the plugs?  I ride hard enough twice a year that I need them changed out when I have the valves done.  Still usable, but not pristine.

Plugs are probably fine... I have about 25K miles on her in the past year when I bought her for a total of 28k and the plugs are original since 08 so I figured if I'm doing all this other stuff can't hurt to put some fresh plugs in at the same time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »
Plugs are probably fine... I have about 25K miles on her in the past year when I bought her for a total of 28k and the plugs are original since 08 so I figured if I'm doing all this other stuff can't hurt to put some fresh plugs in at the same time.
Wont hurt and since your'e in there may as well.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 12:31:31 PM »
are all years of the zx14 TB the same or is there a year that is better than others? :feedback:
happy trails     2016 c14

Offline Coomers

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
are all years of the zx14 TB the same or is there a year that is better than others? :feedback:

I think 2008 ZX14 TB’s and up are the same as the Connie but 2006 & 7 have larger injectors.
Either way you can just swap out theZX14 injectors for the Connie’s injectors. So if you’re planning on using the Connie’s injectors any year ZX14 TB’s will work.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
thx for info... :chugbeer:
happy trails     2016 c14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »
The throttle bodies on a ZX 14 are 44 mm in diameter which is considerably larger than the 40 mm T.B.s used on a C-14. I believe all years for both models are those sizes, respectively.

Brian

I think 2008 ZX14 TB’s and up are the same as the Connie but 2006 & 7 have larger injectors.
Either way you can just swap out theZX14 injectors for the Connie’s injectors. So if you’re planning on using the Connie’s injectors any year ZX14 TB’s will work.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
Do people use the zx14 injectors or the Concours injectors during this swap?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »
The injectors are the same for both the ZX and the Concours, at least on the '08 models.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »
I was advised to swap the C14 injectors over to the ZX TBs.  For the life of me I don't remember the exact reason as to why, but at the time it made sense to me.  I'm hoping to get in a ride tomorow Afternoon, supposed to be sunny and upper 40s.  If things work out it will be my first real ride since surgery, me and the bike ;D

Offline Spanky

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
Good luck on the recovery and your ride tomorrow! My little package arrived today, so I am very interested in hearing your impressions. I am hoping to hear that it is better than a turbo with a nitrous shot, but I have been prone to unrealistically high hopes in the past  :).

Son of Pappy

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »
Excavator and a stump ate into my ride >:(  Nothing on the docket for tomorow other than a ride with the misses ;D

Offline Spanky

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
Hey Son of Pappy, any feedback yet? Inquiring minds want to know   :D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:50 PM »
Not yet :(  (&%$&^(*&^ back >:(