Author Topic: Zteve's foam heat blockers test  (Read 3082 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Zteve's foam heat blockers test
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
I am suprised how well these worked. My 1650 mile trip to the Indy MotoGP was the maiden voyage for the heat blockers. It was actually almost cool in Indiana but the 400 mile rides through Louisiana and Mississippi were scorchers! High of 101 and average probably aroung 97. I am surprised because the heat problem that bothers me most is the seat area, ie, the rider's crotch. I do not understand how the foam pads reduce the seat area heat but my experience says they do.

I had previously tried a heat shield product marketed for drag racers to keep fuel tanks cool under both the tank and seat with little result.

Zteve's pads are a good investment.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Zteve's foam heat blockers test
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline dusty1300

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
I have them also, I found they significantly reduced the blast furnace on my right leg/ankle. No change in engine temp. I'm not sure about the heat in the back of the tank, I still think it gets pretty hot there. I have a Corbin coming, hopefully it will sit me back from hugging the hot tank.

Tom

Offline BS-in-KS

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
So far I've not minded the "blast furnace" on my legs so long as I have my riding pants on.  They seem to protect my legs fairly well.  However I've got a Sargeant seat on my 09 and I too have noticed the extreme heat creating a hot plate effect where I sit.  I keep having to stand for a few seconds so the air can wash the heat out from under my butt and I can sit comfortably again. 

If these heat blockers might help to stop that heat from slow roasting me everytime I sit on the bike then I may have to pony up and buy them also.

Thanks for sharing this info and bringing to mind a possible solution for my problem!

Brent S.