Author Topic: Aliens could attack Earth to end global warming, thank you NASA scientists...  (Read 6749 times)

Offline MiniCog

Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Son of Pappy

He's already here, his name is Al Gore :yikes:

Offline MiniCog

He's already here, his name is Al Gore :yikes:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Best thing I've read all day!  hahahaha!

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
I predict this will head to the Arena shortly...

The economist Paul Krugman (writes for NYT, former ENRON advisor) said that an alien invasion would bring us out of the recession.   ::)  Maybe we'd get to do BOTH!   :loco:

I seem to remember a movie where the aliens were trying to increase the CO2 levels to warm up the Earth so it would be more hospitable to them...
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline MiniCog

What movie was that?

Son of Pappy

I was hoping it would end up in the funny section ;)

Offline MiniCog

Yeah, I kinda expected it to be moved, but not to the Arena...   :-X

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Maybe, maybe not.  We'll see how it goes...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
What movie was that?

If I could remember, I would have posted the name.  (And trying to do a Google search for "aliens global warming" only turns up the articles about this whole thing.)  Just looking around at alien invasion movies, I think that "The Arrival" is the one I'm thinking about.

Looks like it's just a hoax

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/201476/20110822/nasa-alien-invasion-destroy-humanity-nasa-study-global-warming-climate-change-al-gore-carbon-emissio.htm
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Excavator

What movie was that?

I have seen a lot of alien movies so "The Arrival" comes to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arrival_(film)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
The arrival is a good scifi flick, and Mr. Charlie Sheen does a good job as usual.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Son of Pappy

The arrival is a good scifi flick, and Mr. Charlie Sheen does a good job as usual.
What some will do to have a topic moved ;)  Isnt sheen an alien?  As if al wsnt bad enough >:(

Excavator

What some will do to have a topic moved ;)  Isnt sheen an alien?  As if al wsnt bad enough >:(

I think the movie was made before Charlie completely lost his marbles but it may be Al and Charlie heating up the planet now.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Are you surprised?

Well, since AGW is a hoax too, no.

Offline Conrad

I've been watching a really good series on the Discovery chan, Curiosity

http://curiosity.discovery.com/

In one of the eps, I haven't watched this one as of yet, they ask the question "can humans survive an invasion of an alien race"?

Like I said, I haven't watched it yet but to me that question is ludicrous! If they have the technology to travel the huge distances necessary to reach us, there's no way we'd have a chance against them.

In another ep they ask the question, "why is sex fun"?

Why ask why?     :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Really, they can't figure out the answer to that question? It's simple and I learned it in a sociology class decades ago:

Sex is fun in order to make sure we have sex often, thereby keeping the human race in existence. We are hard-wired to enjoy it! Thank you evolution!

[And for those of you who don't believe in evolution, feel free to stop having any sex with anyone and anything and kindly disappear as an example of Darwinism.]

If sex was a chore, equivalent to cleaning a particularly nasty toilet, how often would you do it?

Offline Conrad

Really, they can't figure out the answer to that question? It's simple and I learned it in a sociology class decades ago:

Sex is fun in order to make sure we have sex often, thereby keeping the human race in existence. We are hard-wired to enjoy it! Thank you evolution!

[And for those of you who don't believe in evolution, feel free to stop having any sex with anyone and anything and kindly disappear as an example of Darwinism.]

If sex was a chore, equivalent to cleaning a particularly nasty toilet, how often would you do it?

Just how nasty is that toilet...?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Sex becomes a chore because of marriage.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

Sex becomes a chore because of marriage.

My condolences.