Author Topic: Throttle Locks  (Read 18968 times)

Offline varnado

Re: Throttle Locks
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »

i will be getting one of these super soon for the connie and the SV.  one question do i get the smaller one for the connie?

Yes, the smaller one is the one you need.
Ride Safe, Randy

08' Concours 14
08' B-King

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
THROTTLEMEISTER !!
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
Tip for those installing a Throttlemeister:  It comes with a plastic friction sleeve that inserts between the grip and the bar.  It's tempting to skip that step and just let the Throttlemeister bear on the end of the grip itself but don't omit installing it, it just won't work quite right.

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:14 PM »
I've Vista cruise on my Triumph I'm happy with.
Appreciate the instant off.
Using the GO thingy at the moment on the 1400.
Like the concept of the Kaoko.
Looks to be easier to use than the ThrottleMeister.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4755/602/
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
Tip for those installing a Throttlemeister:  It comes with a plastic friction sleeve that inserts between the grip and the bar.  It's tempting to skip that step and just let the Throttlemeister bear on the end of the grip itself but don't omit installing it, it just won't work quite right.

The friction sleeve did not work at all on my '10 with heated grips. I sent them photos and drawings but never heard back from them. I used it for awhile without it but eventually went to a Vista Cruise.

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »
I bought a GO-thingie a couple of weeks ago... no-go. Doesn't hold the throttle, it just slows the return to idle. I even used the rubber band under it.

My Throttlemeisters should be here tomorrow or the day after.  :thumbs:
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline Restless

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »

Another tip I read on the old forum that probably helped save my 2010 heated grips: when using the "sleeve" mentioned above, use caution and care when sliding it into the end of the grips during installation so you don't disturb the heating elements under the rubber grip.  In other words, don't just jam it in there and hope for the best!   :o    My heat still works great thanks to that tip! 

It took a bit of getting used to initially but IMHO Throttlemeisters work great as an inexpensive cruise control alternative...YMMV.
2010 Connie w/ABS

"Why is there never enough time to do the job right the first time but always enough time to do it over?"

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »
Another tip I read on the old forum that probably helped save my 2010 heated grips: when using the "sleeve" mentioned above, use caution and care when sliding it into the end of the grips during installation so you don't disturb the heating elements under the rubber grip.  In other words, don't just jam it in there and hope for the best!   :o    My heat still works great thanks to that tip! 

It took a bit of getting used to initially but IMHO Throttlemeisters work great as an inexpensive cruise control alternative...YMMV.

I had them on my bike when I got it.  Still not used to them.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 03:55:28 PM »
Throttlemeister...

^^^^  thats the one, and zero issues with the 2010 heated grips
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
I had them on my bike when I got it.  Still not used to them.

It took me a while to get used to mine too.  I found its best to leave them partially engaged when I know I want to use them so when its time to engage them I can usually twist it the final quarter turn or so with my little finger which makes setting easy.  Given the amount of power the C14 has and the touchy throttle, I don't expect it to be too exact, but its enough to give my hand a break on the highway for a minute here and there. 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
I don't have a Vista on the C14 yet (did on my old ZRX a long time ago).  From previous forum research  it seems the correct Vista model number for the Concours is the Yamaha version, model MCVICY-P.  But I am not sure it will work properly with the 2011(/2010) which have heated grips, so there is a larger lip and a wire where it would mount.  Has anyone installed a MCVICY-P on a 2010/2011?  Was it successful?  Please share installation and use experiences and pictures.

I should have known better.  Got the Vista MCVICY-P several days ago and tried to install it today.  There is no way.... just no space.   Guess I will have to buy a go-cruise.  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:32 PM »
I should have known better.  Got the Vista MCVICY-P several days ago and tried to install it today.  There is no way.... just no space.   Guess I will have to buy a go-cruise.  :(

You should check out the Throttlemeister Max, so far very happy with mine...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 09:40:56 PM »

Yeah, I might have to go that route.  A LOT more expensive than $30, though.

Sorry, I am grouchy after fighting the bike for 12 hours today.  I had no idea how incredibly difficult it is to disassemble.  And I didn't expect my modest list of projects to spread into a multi-day affair.  Plus it is too freaking HOT in my garage!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »

??? "Throttlemeister Max"  ???

Don't see that name on the Throttlemeister website, and Google didn't find it either (in quotes).  Do you have a link, or is this just the Throttlemeister Heavy (14oz)?
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »

Don't see that name on the Throttlemeister website, and Google didn't find it either (in quotes).  Do you have a link, or is this just the Throttlemeister Heavy (14oz)?

I suspect Max may be the guys name he was replying to
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 03:09:19 AM »

sorry, no disrespect meant, but... :rotflmao:

Steve's right: forum member ZG was responding to forum member maxtog.

There.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 04:16:03 AM »
Along the same lines as the Throttlemeister..... TwistedThrottle.com sells a Kaoke throttle lock for a bit less than TM. What I like about this one is that the adjuster is a knurled ring and not the entire bar end weight. It is a screw on replacement on the C14 with or without heated grips.
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »
sorry, no disrespect meant, but... :rotflmao:

Steve's right: forum member ZG was responding to forum member maxtog.

There.

Correct!  :thumbs:

At least someones not drinking...  :chugbeer: ;)

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 10:02:05 AM »
I suspect Max may be the guys name he was replying to

Ahh, that makes more sense!  Thanks Steve!

Correct!  :thumbs:

At least someones not drinking...  :chugbeer: ;)

Changing case and shortening user names just for the confusion factor eh?   ;D

You have to admit, it would be a good second generation / follow on product name for the Throttlemeister though.   :thumbs:
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »

Changing case and shortening user names just for the confusion factor eh?   ;D

Sorry, just a lazy typer, his quote was attached to my response though C1...  ;)