Author Topic: Clutch Adjustment Question  (Read 17048 times)

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
Re: Clutch Adjustment Question
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 07:35:31 AM »
Resurrecting this ancient thread. I'm having similar issues I think. 2012 C14. I have about a half inch of play at the top of my clutch lever. This is on the piston end not the far end of the clutch lever. Was at a friends shop and we bled the crap out of both the top and bottom bleed valves. He knows what he's doing and has done it before on his 09. Still have the play and still have the clutch engaging at the very top. I have 32,500 on the bike. Someone mentioned this was covered under the warranty. If that's the case I'm golden as I still have 4 yrs left on mine. Rather annoying that something like this would wear out so quickly.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 10:46:32 AM »
I found crud in the master cylinder return hole was causing the problem.

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »
I found crud in the master cylinder return hole was causing the problem.

how did you clean it out ??
thanks

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 08:12:48 AM »
I started getting a moving engagement point. It would change randomly as the bike warmed up. I first checked to make sure the pin was seated in the lever correctly as I had recently had it apart for cleaning and lubing. I then moved on to flushing the system. I used a mighty-vac to suck the master cylinder and refilled with clean fluid then moved to the slave cylinder and vacced the fluid through the system til clean fluid was coming through. Text book except no lever. Went back and bled the master and picked up a bit of feel in the lever. Buttoned everything and went for a test ride and no joy same crappy lever. Went back and vacced the master while pumping the lever with the vac hose right down on the return hole. Did not vac the master dry. Second test ride was successful. I think vacuuming while pumping removed the crud obstructing the fluid flow in the master.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 08:26:22 PM »
So yeah we thoroughly vacuumed both top and bottom bleed valves but we didn't operate the lever while doing it. Maybe that will help....