Author Topic: anyone actually had one of their c14 stolen?  (Read 7295 times)

Offline ernie4110

Re: anyone actually had one of their c14 stolen?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 05:54:28 AM »
I hope you have a good quality cover for the bike. It will be a mess sitting for four days without one. If you do not own a cover I would highly recommned getting one.
Rash
09 Conours
04 Goldwing
MSF Instructor

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
You are saying that the difference between the weight of the stock muffler (silencer) and a typical ugly aftermarket one amounts to a 5% weight savings?  That would be 32 pounds difference or something.  Sorry, I just don't believe it!

Yes Max, that's what I'm saying, 30 lbs sounds about right to me...

Offline okxd45

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
Repeat:  I *LIKE* the stock exhaust.  It looks just fine and amounts to what, 1% of the weight of the bike compared to something else?

As far as theft, I agree with others.  The C-14 is not a theft target.  I am always much more worried about vandals or mischief damage.

+1 Not really that bad.  Well as long as the bags are on anyway.

Also to the OP, I agree that a locked cover would be a good idea!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
I had'nt thought about a cover but I have a new lite weight one for my wing I'll bring. I do have 2 disc locks and a large cable as well. At least my bags and stuff will be at a relatives, thanks for opinions