Author Topic: New Member and New C14  (Read 1605 times)

Offline CitrusC14

New Member and New C14
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »
New member and proud new owner of a 2011 in silver.  I picked it up about  a week and a half ago.  Due to the weather, lots of rain, I've only put on 550 miles so far but absolutely love the bike.  So far I have decided that a bigger wind screen is needed ( I'm 6' 5" tall and the stock screen doesn't cut it in the rain) and I'm also looking for a smallish tank bag that will sit on the plastic area (strap down type) which will hold a GPS and a droid smartphone in a visable window for use purposes.  Any suggestions area appreciated. 

Thanks for the great site.

Tim

Offline usttobee50

• She rides a Harley,and I thought I wanted a C-14
Re: New Member and New C14
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 07:42:38 PM »
New member and proud new owner of a 2011 in silver.  I picked it up about  a week and a half ago.  Due to the weather, lots of rain, I've only put on 550 miles so far but absolutely love the bike.  So far I have decided that a bigger wind screen is needed ( I'm 6' 5" tall and the stock screen doesn't cut it in the rain) and I'm also looking for a smallish tank bag that will sit on the plastic area (strap down type) which will hold a GPS and a droid smartphone in a visable window for use purposes.  Any suggestions area appreciated. 

Thanks for the great site.

Tim

Tim....I also have a 2011 C-14 in silver, great bike, Welcome to the Forum. I'm sending you a link to a tank bag which I have and use on every ride. Very compact and holds a lot for such a compact bag, quality is first rate....have a look enjoy your new C-14, and ride safe. I have bought a lot of accessories from this site, always great service and competitive prices.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/1553/ITEM/Cortech-Super-Mini-Tank-Bag.aspx
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2005 Mean Streak, Pearl Magma Red
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Welcome and congrats on the new Connie Tim!  :chugbeer:

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 06:42:43 AM »
Welcome to the nut house. On screens, expect a lot of opinions. I put a V-Stream on mine after considering all the choices. Plenty tall enough with room to spare for my 6-nothing.

On tank bags, I run a small First Gear Silverstone bag with a clear window on top. It can be either strapped or magnetic, as it comes with both options. I run it with the magnets. I've got a bigger First Gear Laguna tank bag for long trips.