Author Topic: Im starting to have second thoughts about a c14  (Read 41848 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Im starting to have second thoughts about a c14
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2011, 04:03:06 PM »
Wow Jim, what message made you run into the bike in front of you? Was it "Run into the bike in front of you?" Was it the 'low fuel' warning and seeing as you were running out out of fuel you decided to cause as many bikes as possible to stop with you, in sort of a 'misery loves company' way?

I wonder if Cap'n Bob saw a message that said 'Buy a Fudger"?

Brian

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.   Ran into the back of a C10 because of that darn message.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
It's all doom and gloom if you read this Site, but the bike is fantastic!

It munches tires if you ride hard, and tickets are easy to get. That's the only problems I've had. 8)

+1

Yea the bullchit factor is through the roof on this site.

KiPass has allowed 41,000 "issue free" miles on my C14. Hasn't ever left me stranded.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Bob

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

Brian

No message at all. It was actually the blank screen that appeared time and time again after pushing in the key switch in and having KIPASS not work!  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »

No message at all. It was actually the blank screen that appeared time and time again after pushing in the key switch in and having KIPASS not work!  ;D

Good one!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
Ah, the subliminal message. Very tricky. I assume you conversed with your invisible friends in the invisible sidecar and everyone agreed that a Fudger would be the best way to go. Excellent decision!

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2011, 07:31:21 AM »
Wow Jim, what message made you run into the bike in front of you? Was it "Run into the bike in front of you?" Was it the 'low fuel' warning and seeing as you were running out out of fuel you decided to cause as many bikes as possible to stop with you, in sort of a 'misery loves company' way?

Brian

Running the bike at a spirited pace behind the leader (C10).  Not close but close enough.  He decided to slow down quickly to make a right turn.  A millisecond before he tapped his brakes and slowed the message for low fuel came up on my bike and I looked down.   Looked back up and said 'Oh my' and initiated the ABS system.  It allowed me to move to the left but not quite enough.  I scuffed his left case but my right front fairing was holed.  I wobbled a bit but stayed upright to continue the ride.  The moral of this is to not follow too close under any circumstances (my fault) and don't take my eyes off the road in a group ride or any ride for that matter.  I do believe the ABS kept me upright and allowed me to maneuver away from the target sufficiently to prevent a worse condition or a high side.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2011, 05:25:40 PM »
Well it sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Brian

Running the bike at a spirited pace behind the leader (C10).  Not close but close enough.  He decided to slow down quickly to make a right turn.  A millisecond before he tapped his brakes and slowed the message for low fuel came up on my bike and I looked down.   Looked back up and said 'Oh my' and initiated the ABS system.  It allowed me to move to the left but not quite enough.  I scuffed his left case but my right front fairing was holed.  I wobbled a bit but stayed upright to continue the ride.  The moral of this is to not follow too close under any circumstances (my fault) and don't take my eyes off the road in a group ride or any ride for that matter.  I do believe the ABS kept me upright and allowed me to maneuver away from the target sufficiently to prevent a worse condition or a high side.

valkmc

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »
I am so disgruntled with my '14!!  After a measly 49,000 miles my front bearings were shot.  I think I will trade it in on a Sportster 8)

Thats funny, wait both of my last 2 bikes went close to 100k and I did not replace any wheel bearings. Oh right they were Hondas. All bikes have some issues but I think 49k is a little early to be replacing bearings. I had to replace the bearing in the final drive at 10k, to soon.

Offline Graffixnfun

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »
Did I miss it in the 9 pages or did Mimurph buy the C14?
2009 concours
2006 ninja 650R
2003 victory vegas

Offline misterd

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »
I don't know what the big deal about the sixth gear is. It's almost useless for anything other than cruising on the highway. Or just putting along the back roads. Mine always seemed to have the power band too low when I wanted power in that gear. So you tend to have to downshift to a lower gear.
 I personally wouldn't have cared if the C14 had a five or six speed. The six speed might help fuel mileage slightly. But I tend to prefer the power bands that the five speeds gives you in their gearing. Does anybody use their sixth gear when really riding the bike? Or is this all about cruising and MPG?
well i think thats what sixth gear is for......hello

Offline JJP XX

« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
"I guess what Im asking is, If you had to do it again,  Would you? "

Yes.  I had warranty issues (rotors) with my 08 C14 back in 2008.  After I got it taken care of at a dealer that took care of me, I sold it the next day to buy a 2008 ZX14.

Fast forward to October 2011 and I find a great deal on a 2010 C14 w/ABS.  Jumped all over it and it now resides next to my 2007 ZX14.

Stuff happens.  What matters is, how do you view what happens?  ;)
2010 C14 w/ABS

2012 ZX14R

Offline feelergaugephil

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »
Reminds me very much of "chinese whispers" when threads get lengthy, its amazing how from the 1st asking thread where it ends up at on the 9th page!
In answer to the original question, YES without a doubt. selling my 08 right now awaiting an 09. question answered.
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »
Especially when there is a six-month gap on page 9.  Holy thread revival, Batman!
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Z71

« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »
I moderate a Yamaha 2 stroke sight and right now the first two pages are  "problem posts"

No doubt  grammar related?  ;D

Offline Z71

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
+1

Yea the bullchit factor is through the roof on this site.

KiPass has allowed 41,000 "issue free" miles on my C14. Hasn't ever left me stranded.

It can be safely said that you have contributed about 90% of all KI-Pass related posts. :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
Especially when there is a six-month gap on page 9.  Holy thread revival, Batman!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2012, 04:44:38 AM »

Do ya think that they really needed to put eyebrows on Batman's mask?   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
You know, I never noticed that before.  I wonder if he changes them based on his mood?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2012, 04:49:51 AM »
You know, I never noticed that before.  I wonder if he changes them based on his mood?

Like Mr Potato Head?

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2012, 04:50:34 AM »

Quite.  But it shows that someone is reading them in addition to the web spiders.