Author Topic: Starter motor turns. No fire. Any suggestions? How does this turn out?  (Read 11576 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Starter motor turns. No fire. Any suggestions? How does this turn out?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 06:38:30 PM »
Yep, Roland was a good guy. Sold his C-14 and sort of disappeared.

Brian

Roland the Thompson gunner?  I miss him.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 06:41:58 PM »
Not if the engine turns. There is no condition that a C-14 can be put in via switches or modes that would allow the starter to spin and prevent it from actually running. Kick stand down with the bike in gear, kill switch on (or is that 'off'), bike down sensor- all will stop the starter from engaging.

But no answer to the question from the OP either. First post from a newbie and it is about a C-14 has stranded that person (or close kin). We all have to wait to see how this one turns out....

Brian

Kill switch ?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »
But no answer to the question from the OP either. First post from a newbie and it is about a C-14 has stranded that person (or close kin). We all have to wait to see how this one turns out....

Well, we ASSUME it is about a C-14.  But that part was never mentioned... and no avatar or signature either.  Only that this thread was picked.  We are all dressed up and ready to go [help] out and no place to go...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
On a good note, that's a pretty part of Canada to be stuck in;).

I'd offer to come help, but even if I iron butted it, it would still take me four days to get there...lol.

I sure do hope you get it sorted out soon. Good luck!

Rem 8)
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.