Author Topic: Concourier Magazines  (Read 576 times)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Concourier Magazines
« on: November 08, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »
I have Concourier magazines from the first ever (1986 or so) up until about 2010. They take up around 16" of shelf space, with a few of the earlier years in a jumbo manila envelope. Estimated weight 25 lbs. Rob Stevens? Ron Ramlow? Carl Metler? Read all about them, as well as how our club became a driving force in the Sport Touring market.

Best offer, plus shipping. Cash/check (with wait time),  or pick up near Longmont, CO to save on ship fees. Message me your bid, else they go in the recycle bin first of the new year.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Concourier Magazines
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 03:48:02 AM »
Wow! 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 06:36:26 AM »
Those were the days!  I remember my wife and I chasing Ron and Carol Ramlow over Beartooth Pass on our way to Red Lodge Montana.  Around the tight turns, with deadly drop offs, Carol was turning around and taking pictures of us and the other Coggers behind them.  I've kept all the early Concouriers but have purged the later ones.  There's only so much room in the house... 
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 07:43:13 PM »
If you had the right equipment (and i do) you could get them scanned in for posterity.  Digital is the way to go...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 01:33:26 AM »
If you had the right equipment (and i do) you could get them scanned in for posterity.  Digital is the way to go...
Scanning them is fine, but be wary of providing access to any of the scanned magazines as that would be breach of COGs copyright.
Many many years ago I scanned an article from a copy of the Concourier and provided a copy of it to someone who was not a COG member and I got asked VERY firmly to not do it again.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 04:05:14 AM »
Understood.  All of my stuff is for personal use anyway.  Had to do something as my magazines were taking on a 'hoarder' look.  Needed more space on the shelf.  With my scanner and software I can also make them searchable which helps tremendously.  I digitize just about everything these days.