Author Topic: best gps for the $ ?  (Read 21763 times)

Offline speed545

Re: best gps for the $ ?
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »
the GPS asking me to enter the code but cant figure out how >:(

how do i enter the 0000 code???
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2011, 08:00:14 PM »

It should prompt you on the Garmin for this, there is a symbol on the touchscreen to toggle between letters and numbers I believe or something like that, been awhile since I set my mine up but I remember it being pretty straight forward.

Let me know if you still get stumped and I can go out and grab my Garmin to check...

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »
You should be able to call up a block of numbers and then use the touch- screen to select the number sequence. Look along the bottom and sides of the Garmin for selectable box(s), one should bring up the numerical pad.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline speed545

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »

It should prompt you on the Garmin for this, there is a symbol on the touchscreen to toggle between letters and numbers I believe or something like that, been awhile since I set my mine up but I remember it being pretty straight forward.

Let me know if you still get stumped and I can go out and grab my Garmin to check...

well i sadly think the 765T garmin is not compatible with scala. The GPS expect a 1234 code and the scala require  the 0000.

i ll look for the toogle switch
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
The GPS will have two different ways to connect it to other bluetooth devices- one way is for 'incoming' devices like cell phones, and the other way is for 'outgoing' devices like headsets. I think you are using the wrong method for the headset.

Connecting Bluetooth devices usually means one is a master and the other a slave. If you are trying to set up two masters what you describe will probably happen; while you cannot get the codes correct in the right devices, it won't matter anyway because the wrong channel is being used. What should happen is the phone will give you the number to punch into the GPS.

Brian

well i sadly think the 765T garmin is not compatible with scala. The GPS expect a 1234 code and the scala require  the 0000.

i ll look for the toogle switch
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:35 PM »
There is a process for connecting the G4 to your Garmin, it will be in your your G4 manual, you hold the buttons down (or something like that I think if my memory is functioning tonight) and then it will prompt a message on your Garmin saying that something is trying to connect and to enter that (G4) code, that is where/when you enter it.

Offline speed545

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
There is a process for connecting the G4 to your Garmin, it will be in your your G4 manual, you hold the buttons down (or something like that I think if my memory is functioning tonight) and then it will prompt a message on your Garmin saying that something is trying to connect and to enter that (G4) code, that is where/when you enter it.

i have the team set pro kit. Does it change something?
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
i have the team set pro kit. Does it change something?

Oh, that makes more sense! Is the Q2 blue tooth compatible?? I have the G4 Scala, sorry...

Offline ConnerNA

• Why do they clap for the daily double?
    • BBQ Basics
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2011, 09:26:18 PM »
I also have the teamset pro (LOVE IT) however keep in mind it is not a a2dp headset, not sure if the Garmin requires that (usally a2dp is only required for MP3 players). My phone works great with it, but the media player on my phone requires a2dp so I can't listen to music from my phone.

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »
My 765 came in tonight gonna get it tomorrow. Nice to know I can use it for music and just connect my phone to it. Look forward to picks on the ram aquabox. I was looking at getting one as well. Sure hope it goes smooth on install

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 06:57:31 AM »

Oh, that makes more sense! Is the Q2 blue tooth compatible?? I have the G4 Scala, sorry...

I've paired a Q2 (original, not the Pro version) with a Zumo 550 but it was a while ago and I don't remember the sequence. As ZG state, the instructions are in the manual for either the GPS, the Q2 or perhaps both. I have the Q2 teamset and my headset was paired with the passenger headset, and my GPS while the GPS was paired with my phone. However, I never tried to use the GPS/phone pair while paired with the passenger headset so I don't know how well that will work. Had no problems talking on the phone, though.

Here's the manual for the Q2 teamset pro:

http://www.cardosystems.com/user_files/Manuals/scala_q2_multiset_pro/scalarider_q2_multiset_pro_manual_english.pdf

Offline speed545

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »
I also have the teamset pro (LOVE IT) however keep in mind it is not a a2dp headset, not sure if the Garmin requires that (usally a2dp is only required for MP3 players). My phone works great with it, but the media player on my phone requires a2dp so I can't listen to music from my phone.

I think you nailed it. Team set pro doesnt provide A2DP technology
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »
Regarding the nuvi 765, if you go to gpspassion.com, in the nuvi section, there are instructions on how to flash the taiwan firmware to your device.  Among other features, it adds a full time compass to the map display.

This other hidden feature drops a bread crumb every second, rather than fewer breadcrumbs in straight sections, more in corners as the default programming does.  In addition, the logs are raw/binary, so they take up much less space.  A program called wnutrak is needed to convert them to gpx.  More information here:

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/HiddenTrackLogHowTo.pdf

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red

Offline pdlt

• Realistic about life
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
Does the 765T support my Xm antenna?  I'm thinking not from what I read.

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
I don't think so.  The only audio options it has is the line out/mp3 playback (might do wma too, but you'd need to check the specs).

I have mine setup in such a way that no audio is used.  I look at the purple line and occasionally read the text.  Haven't been able to find a set of earphones that block out the wind to my satisfaction.