Author Topic: Would you like to be able to move your trunk forward or backward?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
I have adjustable rail sets that will raise my (or any brand, EXCEPT the stock plastic) rack 3/4" and allow you to re-position the rack/trunk forward or backward in .562" increments for a total of 1-5/8" forward, or the same amount to the rear of the stock location. These rails are CNC machined of 6061 Aluminum, anodized black and come with all needed stainless steel hardware. Those of you with Givi Monokey & Kawasaki OEM trunks don't have any options if your passenger doesn't like the stock location. Also those with backrests may need some extra room. These rail sets will give plenty of adjustment as well as raise the rack slightly for better brake-light visibility. $41.00 including shipping.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:42:16 AM by philipintexas »
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline O.C.

Re: Would you like to be able to move your trunk forward or backward?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:42:35 AM »
Great idea Phil, are the pictures going to be added to your website, as I cant expand the ones on here  :)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline 69Toplessbird

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:11:51 AM »
Phil,
I installed the mount last year and after using for a year, I think having the ability to move is a great idea. How do I go about buying?
Thanks,
Tom
2011 C14

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »
PHOTO ADDED: The Rails are reversible, depending on whether you want your rack moved forward or to the rear. This photo shows one forward and one reversed to show the maximum extent of movement of the rack.

Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline O.C.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:03 AM »
PHOTO ADDED: The Rails are reversible, depending on whether you want your rack moved forward or to the rear. This photo shows one forward and one reversed to show the maximum extent of movement of the rack.

Thanks Phil...great idea and great quality, as usual  :) 

I also think that raising the case slightly will further benefit pillion comfort   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650