Author Topic: shave your head  (Read 5505 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
shave your head
« on: December 31, 2016, 07:16:27 PM »
Coome on kids, it feels Good....
Hapy new years.

...ahhhhhh

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline works4me

Re: shave your head
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »
What are you in for?

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »
Coome on kids, it feels Good....

At the rate I am losing my hair, it might happen.
Now that Propecia (Finasteride) has gone generic, the price went from something like $100+/mo to something like $10/mo!  On Tuesday, I am asking my physician for a prescription....  I hope it is a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline O.C.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 05:18:29 AM »
Doesn't apply to me as I already have little or nothing to shave off 

Strange how hair starts growing down nostrils, out of ears and eyebrows start to look like a herbaceous border when you reach my age    :) 
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:10:33 AM »
Life

Happy New Years.

Before and after pics at booking, but before cavity search?  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »
Good idea. I started getting a short buzz cut last spring because it was more trouble than it was worth to deal with the remaining random hairs that almost always resulted in a comb over which I absolutely hate. Seemed like everyone but me knew I was getting balder and balder.  :o  I rarely stand behind myself or look down on my head.  So WTH, long hair is outa here! I've had 'stach since the 70's and I'm considering losing that next. Tired of trimming that, too. ;D

O.C. is right about hairs coming out everywhere else. What a PITA. There's something wrong with have a whole lot LESS hair and having to spend MORE time keeping it corralled.

But this absolutely takes care of helmet hair. What it DOES seem to precipitate, is more more bruising when you bump your head and down south here where I live, you've GOT to wear a hat  outside or you'll burn right now and you have to wear a helmet liner cap/dew rag or the sweat has nowhere to go but into your helmet! Just logistics... 

Roll with it MOB!   ;)
2014 C-14 Red

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 08:00:47 AM »
Yeah, the old theory that men always have the same amount of hair, it just moves 'south'; less and less on the head, more and more on the back, arms, 'face holes', etc. Sounds funny but seems true enough.

Brian

Doesn't apply to me as I already have little or nothing to shave off 

Strange how hair starts growing down nostrils, out of ears and eyebrows start to look like a herbaceous border when you reach my age    :) 

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 08:22:08 AM »
Yeah, the old theory that men always have the same amount of hair, it just moves 'south'; less and less on the head, more and more on the back, arms, 'face holes', etc. Sounds funny but seems true enough.

Oh, it is true alright.  The more hair I lose on my scalp, the more I seem to get in my nose, ears, and chest.  Haven't experienced the mega eyebrows yet, but I am sure that is in the long-term plan...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »

Brian

Except for you Brian, seems you still have every hair on your head. Unless the recent home improvement project has hastened it's detachment.

I expected to lose more hair as I got older and I have. There is one thing that is starting to tic me off a bit though. I just got good (and it took awhile) with the scissor handled tweezers at looking in the mirror and working backwards to pluck the black obnoxious looking hairs out of the center of my ears....and now the darned things are turning white and are harder than ever for me to see. Apparently everybody else can see them just fine however...well, at least the grand-kids see them fine and gleefully point out the ones I missed. I need to train the little tikes to become pluckers...but then there's all those child abuse laws.
...and what's up with the increased ear wax production, I wasn't expecting that! I've spent more on Q-tips in the last year than I did in all the previous years combined.
(Ear wax, that is what MOB is trying to show us on the end of his finger, right?   :censored: )

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »
Guys....guys......TOO MUCH INFORMATION! 

I'm trying to eat breakfast here...well, not anymore.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 11:34:34 AM »
Yep, gots all my hair and as thick as it was when I was younger, it is getting even thicker as it turns white.

As to the crevice hair (Extra Easy Boys!) you mention, fortunately there are a lot of, er, removal techniques available. Most cut / shave the hair away but for the more adventurous among us there is waxing, sugaring (waxing but using sugar apparently, probably in an effort to distract the victim from realizing how bad it is going to be.... "Oh no Sir, we will not be WAXING, we will be sugaring") and then the truly interesting methods starting with the 'silk thread to pluck each hair out' method and moving onto the Turkish 'burning stick' method where they use fire (yes, actual fire) to singe away the unwanted hair. That certainly explains why so many especially well- groomed Turkish men are cranky. Not sure if especially well groomed Turkish women are cranky or not, and even if they are, not sure if the 'blow torch method of hair removal' is the cause. I know I am a little cranky but nothing to do with any crevice hair, mine or otherwise- I am just trying to buy a new cell phone and so far, have been unable to do so. Wait, what were we talking about again?

For those who think I am kidding about the Turkish hair burning technique, I give you this: https://www.youtube.com
/watch?v=F3z6_kz_wOU

For those with tough constitutions, there are faster, less refined methods than fire..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCVMnaf3L0s

Brian

Except for you Brian, seems you still have every hair on your head. Unless the recent home improvement project has hastened it's detachment.

I expected to lose more hair as I got older and I have. There is one thing that is starting to tic me off a bit though. I just got good (and it took awhile) with the scissor handled tweezers at looking in the mirror and working backwards to pluck the black obnoxious looking hairs out of the center of my ears....and now the darned things are turning white and are harder than ever for me to see. Apparently everybody else can see them just fine however...well, at least the grand-kids see them fine and gleefully point out the ones I missed. I need to train the little tikes to become pluckers...but then there's all those child abuse laws.
...and what's up with the increased ear wax production, I wasn't expecting that! I've spent more on Q-tips in the last year than I did in all the previous years combined.
(Ear wax, that is what MOB is trying to show us on the end of his finger, right?   :censored: )
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
Ear boogers....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..