Author Topic: 1986 Concours C10 Silver, Damnit  (Read 1828 times)

Offline ConnieFanatic

1986 Concours C10 Silver, Damnit
« on: August 24, 2016, 05:13:01 PM »
Hey all, I am selling my 1986 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 aka "Connie". I purchased it as a project bike from a guy who had it in his garage for most of the time. Doesn't leak, runs well, and is in very good shape for a 30 year old bike! Never been crashed, but has been tipped over on both sides before, which cracked the fairing pieces and gave it some scuffs. It also has the type of wear and tear you'd expect on a bike of this age, such as small rock chips, metal corrosion (fork sides), and drying rubber parts.

I ride this bike every few days. It starts within 2 seconds from a cold start, and within <0.5 second when warmed up. It's really a fun bike to ride.

Details:
-3rd owner
-Clean title
-Just under ~30k miles
-Battery is strong
-Needs new tires (they have plenty of tread, but are 8 and 11 years old)
-Vista cruise control
-Handlebar risers (stock clip-ons included)
-Corbin seat

I performed all the necessary maintenance to get it running, as well as addressed the common issues with this model such as the petcock seals, float valves, and water pump seals, so it should be good to go.

Maintenance completed:
-Oil change
-Rear end fluid change
-Coolant changed
-Front brake and hydraulic clutch systems disassembled, cleaned, reassembled, and bled
-All carbs cleaned and rebuilt with K&L kits
-Visu-line fuel filter and new fuel line
-Valves adjusted
-New spark plugs
-Petcock rebuilt with new diaphragm and seals
-Water pump seals

Asking $1900 OBO Cash offers considered.

I am located in the South Bay area, California. Includes a spare larger windscreen, factory lockable hard cases with mounts, leather tank protector, original fairings, and we can negotiate a Givi 50L lockable top case with factory rack. Includes all hardware and some spare hardware. Factory tool kit. Copies of all keys included. Two owners manuals.

I think it looks good without the fairings, and could be converted to a cafe style. It is also easier to work on this way.