Author Topic: Pair Valve removal nightmare.... Bike won't start  (Read 9155 times)

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
Pair Valve removal nightmare.... Bike won't start
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:11:11 AM »
I had a 2012 C14 and after putting on the Two Brother's exhaust I decided to block off the pair valve ports to cut out the decel popping. Other than getting to them it was a simple fix that worked great. Fast forward to this week. I now have a 2015 C14 and I again installed an aftermarket slip on and again wanted to decrease the decal popping. Again I bought the block off kit and installed it. Except now I got an Fi error. Code 64. Air valve system error. Whether I left the valve plugged in and hanging there which is how we left it on the 2012 or removed it entirely it still had the same error.

Looking through the forums I found this. "http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=58232.msg444055;topicseen#msg444055" So I jumped the wire across the plug and the bike really didn't like that at all. It now will not start at all. When I hit the start switch the starter tries to engage but sounds like it can't spin the motor. Battery is fully charged Not sure what else could possibly cause this. Worse comes to worse I'll put the pair valve back in and bring it to the dealer... Hate having to go that route.

Any info or advice would be great.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Pair Valve removal nightmare.... Bike won't start
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:21:41 AM »
Start by PROPERLY cleaning battery terminals and ground to frame connections. Until that is done, you could go crazy chasing problems that don't exist.

When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:54:55 AM »
Start by PROPERLY cleaning battery terminals and ground to frame connections. Until that is done, you could go crazy chasing problems that don't exist.

When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras.

I've had the battery in and out several times with all this and the terminals and ground connections are all spotless.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
Your gonna have to clear the error codes... I posted the stuff on the other forum, please check over there...as I don't want to re type all of it again,
Also, this post should have been made up in the normal C14 stuff, it got hidden being posted here, and not up top... I'll suggest it be moved, best of luck, and read my answers on the COG site.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:15:14 AM »
I posted the stuff on the other forum, please check over there...as I don't want to re type all of it again, ............  answers on the COG site.
So..... you couldn't do the "Cut & Paste"?  :-X  :rotflmao:  ;D  ;)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 04:42:30 AM »
So..... you couldn't do the "Cut & Paste"?  :-X  :rotflmao:  ;D  ;)

Or even just post the link to that thread?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 06:01:32 AM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 06:19:01 AM »
A quick update. The bike is running but still have the errors though. Knowing I want to go to a full exhaust and the fact that the pair valve removal is already done I'm driving 3 hours to Gulh today for an ECU Flash. He can remove the Pair Valve errors and also remove the O2 sensor issues I'm going to have when I put in the full exhaust. The 2015 model has a lot more changes than just a new seat and windshield.

I'm just happy I didn't fry something.... 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »
Or even just post the link to that thread?

Yeah, I'm not going to ban him for posting a link to the COG forum.....maybe. :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm not going to ban him for posting a link to the COG forum.....maybe. :rotflmao:

:stirpot: :hitfan: :stirpot: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=67485.msg555789#msg555789

Fixd

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 02:45:06 PM »
I had a 2012 C14 and after putting on the Two Brother's exhaust I decided to...

Since the police is sleeping, let me tell you how wrong you are in calling the muffler "exhaust". Tsk, tsk, tsk.
You may continue, now...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »
Since the police is sleeping, let me tell you how wrong you are in calling the muffler "exhaust". Tsk, tsk, tsk.
You may continue, now...

People make that mistake constantly ... so often so that we as a collective should consider just dropping the issue altogether.

Oh, wait ... what ... you're saying there's just one cop? One cop who really really really still cares about this unwritten 'rule'?

I wonder how he feels about the word ain't.

:)  :P

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 06:28:59 PM »
There's more than one and he's the 'nice' one.  You really don't want to see the others come out of the wood work.  So I'm recommending we let this be.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »
Yes... My 2012 had a slip on... My 2015 is getting a full exhaust if it kills me! HA!

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
Yes... My 2012 had a slip on... My 2015 is getting a full exhaust if it kills me! HA!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »
There's more than one and he's the 'nice' one.  You really don't want to see the others come out of the wood work.  So I'm recommending we let this be.

Rut row Raggy, the old good cop/bad cop routine eh?   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »
No, we're all bad, just some less so than others.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 02:34:20 PM »
And some of us are desperately trying to practice restraint of pen and tongue.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 07:59:40 PM »
That goes a long way sometimes..   Personally I still have problems with that...so my wife says.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 08:45:44 PM »
That goes a long way sometimes..   Personally I still have problems with that...so my wife says.

You could tell your wife if she doesn't cease the verbal exhaust you're gonna apply a muffler to it  8)

HEY did I use 'exhaust' and 'muffler' correctly?? Did I??! Max?! I think I did!

:P Come on dudes ... I'm joshin'. Everybody needs some occasional reminding of their, um, faults. Mine is excessive handsomeness. I cannot seem to help it.