Author Topic: Parting out a '93/Classic, C10 Connie  (Read 2849 times)

Offline ITeach2Wheels

Parting out a '93/Classic, C10 Connie
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »
Hello,

I just came up with a 93 Connie (black with red white pin stripes).  It had been dropped on the sump while unloading from a trailer.  The sump cracked and the PO lost interest in fixing her.  He has since lost the title so with the fall damage and no title I don't see any options other than parting out and the scrap yard.

So, since you all were so kind when I owned my own Connie I thought I would give you first crack.  Tell me what you're looking for and make a reasonable offer.  The bike is in the far north Chicago suburbs if you want to come up and pay cash.

There are no bags, and there looks to be left side fairing and peg damage.  The clock says 19k miles.  I just hate to see so many parts go to waste. I'll probably try eBay after you guys get your picks.

Ill update this post tomorrow after I get her out of my trailer.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:23:40 AM by ITeach2Wheels »

Offline ITeach2Wheels

Re: Parting out a '93/Classic, C10 Connie
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:23:00 AM »
I got up and took a few pics this morning.  I'm going to try to round up some help to get her out of the trailer today.  I will be able to get more detailed pictures then.

From what I can see here are a few things that look usable.  I'm sure I'm missing something so ask if you don't see it. 

Antlers
Rims and Brakes
Engine/Trans/Carbs  Not sure of their usability, but they seem to be in good shape, except for the cracked sump.
Headlight
Tinted SpeedScreen windshield.  Looks a little higher than stock.
Seat saw one split seam about 1".
Dash
Tank
My friend gave me bags with what he said was the Tupperware and other missing parts.

As far as prices go, I'm going to BikeBandit.com and asking for half or less.  Is this acceptable?  I'm sorry, if I'm not up on current Connie pricing, i sold my own C10 about 4 years ago.  Ironically, she was this bike's twin.

Offline ITeach2Wheels

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »
One more thing, I forgot about the mirrors.  The both are usable, no broken glass and the ball mounts are both tight.

Offline pranje

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 02:27:05 PM »
I am interested in a few parts. PM me.
Jason on the Great North Coast!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:33:34 PM »
You prolly could have gotten $300 out of that gastank alone, had you not let that $20 scooter brake lever and bike ride on it while you hauled it...
That year bike was very low production, and those paint matched parts are at a premum.... when in perfect shape.

The p/o should have been able to get another title, no problem, if it was in his name. Seems like an embarrisingly sad way to see a nice bike die like that, and get parted out, for a simple bottom pan replacement... that would have been less than $50 worth of parts, and a couple hours.

Best of luck on the sale, I always loved that color scheme.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline timmerz

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
I am interested in the plastic cover over the rack behind the seat...pm sent!

Offline ITeach2Wheels

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »
Ok, sorry for the lack of contact.  I had a very busy weekend.  I'm going to try to jump on the PM's tonight and start parting out the bike tomorrow

The tank didn't get scratched by the scooter surprisingly.  It shifted in transit.  I started with it against the outer wall. 

I liked this color as well.  I had exactly the same bike. 

As far as the title goes, the PO lost interest and judging by the problems I see with the bike it don't see another options other than parts.  Just getting a lost title in Illinois is $100(!). Not including the transfer.

It's a shame, but there are bikes that have been taken care of that can be kept on the road with these parts.

Offline beilts

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
Do you still have the mirrors? I need a left mirror.

Offline ITeach2Wheels

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 05:02:51 AM »
I still have both mirrors.  I've answered both PMs asking about the left one.  Anybody else need anything?  It's been to hot to work in the garage here in Chicago so not much taken off the Connie.  Looks cooler next week.  I'm probably going to start putting some of the more valuable things up on FleaBay.  Anybody need Connie stuff out there???

Make me an offer.  Selling to you guys is so much easier than posting it on eBay.

Offline Gary Grijalva

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 08:09:09 AM »
Left side antler and left side lower cowling at the shifter if you have them. Windshield also if it's in good condition. 559 786 6101 call or text
Gary