Author Topic: So Long Friends  (Read 6242 times)

Offline aspire61

• 08 concours + 85 madura 1200
So Long Friends
« on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
Hi All:

A couple of weeks ago I was cut off at an intersection and my 08 went for a skid. The estimate was $14k+ to fix, so they wrote the bike off. I enjoyed the bike for four yrs, but I have no immediate plans to buy another. I have two other girls in the stable, one being a goldwing.

Many thx for everyones help on here. The 1400 is truly a performance machine, and you guys were a great resource. I may end up buying another some day, we'll see how I can adapt to sedate riding, and if it's overwhelmimg, I'll be back!

Happy trails all :)

chrs- mat
No mans opinion is entirely worthless- even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
Re: So Long Friends
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:15:32 PM »
Sorry to hear about your slide. Are you ok though?
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:09:53 AM »
Sorry to hear about your slide. Are you ok though?

+1  also sorry to hear it and hope you are OK
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 04:30:04 AM »
Good luck Chris-Mat. Hope to see you again someday. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 06:22:17 AM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 06:30:24 AM »
+2
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:32:20 AM »
Glad your ok. But you don't have to leave the forum just because you no longer have a C14. Come for the bike but stay for the nuts.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
Glad your ok. But you don't have to leave the forum just because you no longer have a C14. Come for the bike but stay for the nuts.
Deez nuts! ;D

Stick around for the fun. I'll roll with a Wing rider. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline aspire61

• 08 concours + 85 madura 1200
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »
+1  also sorry to hear it and hope you are OK

Oh yeah. Rash on my left elbow/hip/knee. Nothing worse than I received ....before my wedding night. Many thx for your concerns but my poor Connie took the brunt of it. She was my first performance machine that left me smiling with a twist of the wrist.

Its interesting on the motivation that makes a person choose a bike. Maybe I suffer from low self esteem, but here was my thing. Sitting at a stoplight next to anything but a liter+ sportbike, and knowing the other driver cant pass me until I let him, gave me nothing but smiles. It didnt matter how much they sunk into their other bikes, trucks or cars, how big their air intake or exhaust was, it just wasnt going to happen. Well, not in my neck of the woods anyway. ha ha

Maybe thats why I need a sedate ride- chrs mat

No mans opinion is entirely worthless- even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »
Oh yeah. Rash on my left elbow/hip/knee.

Cool

Nothing worse than I received ....before my wedding night.

LOL

Many thx for your concerns but my poor Connie took the brunt of it. She was my first performance machine that left me smiling with a twist of the wrist.

Well, you can always seek one out again

Its interesting on the motivation that makes a person choose a bike. Maybe I suffer from low self esteem, but here was my thing. Sitting at a stoplight next to anything but a liter+ sportbike, and knowing the other driver cant pass me until I let him, gave me nothing but smiles. It didnt matter how much they sunk into their other bikes, trucks or cars, how big their air intake or exhaust was, it just wasnt going to happen.

Yes!  I know exactly how you feel- and I feel the same way.  It is nice having the power and not having to flaunt it (unless you want to, which I do occasionally).... and yet be comfortable at the same time.  The Concours does that quite well, indeed.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »
Oh yeah. Rash on my left elbow/hip/knee. Nothing worse than I received ....before my wedding night. Many thx for your concerns but my poor Connie took the brunt of it. She was my first performance machine that left me smiling with a twist of the wrist.

Its interesting on the motivation that makes a person choose a bike. Maybe I suffer from low self esteem, but here was my thing. Sitting at a stoplight next to anything but a liter+ sportbike, and knowing the other driver cant pass me until I let him, gave me nothing but smiles. It didnt matter how much they sunk into their other bikes, trucks or cars, how big their air intake or exhaust was, it just wasnt going to happen. Well, not in my neck of the woods anyway. ha ha

Eloquently stated.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 08:43:26 PM »
Hi All:

A couple of weeks ago I was cut off at an intersection and my 08 went for a skid. The estimate was $14k+ to fix, so they wrote the bike off. I enjoyed the bike for four yrs, but I have no immediate plans to buy another. I have two other girls in the stable, one being a goldwing.

Many thx for everyones help on here. The 1400 is truly a performance machine, and you guys were a great resource. I may end up buying another some day, we'll see how I can adapt to sedate riding, and if it's overwhelmimg, I'll be back!

Happy trails all :)

chrs- mat

Dear Chris-Mat, It's bad enough to lose your C-14, but worse if you have to go back to an old wing. That jerk who cut you off should be ponying up for another C-14. Don't go all sedate on us.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 06:08:55 AM »

Me too! Does that make us evil?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 06:12:34 AM »

It seems a lot of us must be....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 07:38:54 AM »
It seems a lot of us must be....

:thumbs:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »

No, just realists. And the knowledge that we know and they don't.  ;D

Although, to be honest, I am not much of a wrist-twister. Sometimes, yes, but it's fairly rare. Just yesterday, for example, I caught myself settling in behind a pickup because I knew that the stop sign was just ahead.

I can wait. For a while.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »
No, just realists. And the knowledge that we know and they don't.  ;D

Although, to be honest, I am not much of a wrist-twister. Sometimes, yes, but it's fairly rare. Just yesterday, for example, I caught myself settling in behind a pickup because I knew that the stop sign was just ahead.

I can wait. For a while.

that sums up my own attitude, too.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
I like having the option to dog virtually anything on the road. I don't always exercise it, but it's nice to know that if I choose to, I can. I also like the "point and shoot" abilities of the C14. Point it at a hole in traffic, twist the wick, and shoot into the hole.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 06:58:50 AM »
I like having the option to dog virtually anything on the road. I don't always exercise it, but it's nice to know that if I choose to, I can. I also like the "point and shoot" abilities of the C14. Point it at a hole in traffic, twist the wick, and shoot into the hole.

Seems that there should be an 'easy boys' in there somewhere.  ;)