Author Topic: Miami Road Rage - bike v car  (Read 8274 times)

Offline Conrad

Miami Road Rage - bike v car
« on: April 06, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »
What's not shown in this clip is what started the whole thing. The guy on the bike split lanes between two cars waiting at a stoplight. The douchebag in the red car took offense.  The guy on the bike wasn't in the right for what he did but...

! No longer available
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Miami Road Rage - bike v car
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:45:15 PM »
I saw this on FB. Nothing good can come from that behavior. I understand the impulse to try to out run the douche bag in the car but if any contact happens the bike is always going to lose. And what was up with running on the wrong side of the road?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »
I take it lane splitting is not legal in FL?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 01:51:17 PM »
IIRC lanesplitting is legal exactly nowhere.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
gPink: Kallyforeenya

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 02:50:45 PM »
1.) Guy on bike should be able to get away from an Ford FOCUS

2.) Guy on bike needs to learn the laws of tonnage.

3.) Guy on bike is a knucklehead

4.) Guy in car ia a$$hat
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Bergmen

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »
IIRC lanesplitting is legal exactly nowhere.

In California lane splitting is not illegal and is therefore legal (and has been for decades).

Dan

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 02:55:54 PM »
Ok, so we have Mr. Motorcyclist splitting lanes illegally, car driver gets irate, chase ensues and escalates into nuclear war and craziness on both sides.  Nationwide lane splitting, I don't think so.  Both of these idiots were equally in the wrong.  Someone could have been killed from their antics other than themselves.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
Gary, time for your potato routine..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 03:33:02 PM »

Does he juggle?     ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 03:35:07 PM »
Unreal.  I hope they are both found so they both can have their licenses suspended for YEARS *and* be in *JAIL* and *FINED*.  I don't give a damn about their lives, but they put dozens of other people's lives in jeopardy for absolutely no reason.  Infuriating.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
Ok, so we have Mr. Motorcyclist splitting lanes illegally, car driver gets irate, chase ensues and escalates into nuclear war and craziness on both sides.  Nationwide lane splitting, I don't think so.  Both of these idiots were equally in the wrong.  Someone could have been killed from their antics other than themselves.

I disagree* that they're equally in the wrong. Yes, the rider committed what I assume would be a minor traffic violation in the beginning, but that put nobody in danger. And, since lane splitting is legal in CA, and is being considered to be allowed in other states now, I'd say his violation could be given even less weight.

From there, I feel like he really felt like he was running out of fear - Who would want to ride into oncoming traffic on purpose? Should he have to stop and confront that lunatic driver?

The driver on the other hand could've killed the rider, other drivers ... or himself (too bad he failed at that). Did you see where he almost slammed into the back of the one car?

Vigilante cager. He should do some time.

* Respectfully, since you have that sword dealio  :-*

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 03:57:23 PM »
Both driver and rider will be charged for road-rage, Motorcyclist may even get more charges, because is actions are more on video than the car.

http://www.wsvn.com/story/31659009/drivers-invovled-in-homestead-road-rage-video-will-be-charged-police
Joel from Maine.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
Both driver and rider will be charged for road-rage, Motorcyclist may even get more charges, because is actions are more on video than the car.

In my opinion, the car driver might be guilty of attempted man slaughter, the most serious charge (by far) between the two.  Both are guilty of road-rage, extreme speeding, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, impeding traffic flow, crossing traffic lines, failure to stop at a light, and a host of other charges.  I hope the book is thrown at both of them.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »
Nothing like rationalizing irrational behavior. There's no law against willful ignorance and extreme stupidity either but that doesn't mean everyone should participate. The bottom line is that it is my damn lane regardless if I'm in a cage or on a motorcycle. Stay the hell out of it.  :)

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 04:20:16 PM »
In my opinion, the car driver might be guilty of attempted man slaughter, the most serious charge (by far) between the two.  Both are guilty of road-rage, extreme speeding, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, impeding traffic flow, crossing traffic lines, failure to stop at a light, and a host of other charges.  I hope the book is thrown at both of them.

So you don't feel like the rider was trying to escape the driver? Upon realizing the driver was coming after him, should he have immediately pulled over and subjected himself to whatever attack the driver seemed to be ready to inflict?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »
So you don't feel like the rider was trying to escape the driver? Upon realizing the driver was coming after him, should he have immediately pulled over and subjected himself to whatever attack the driver seemed to be ready to inflict?

I do believe there was a certain amount of "escape" on the end of the motorcyclist.  However, he kinda throws much of that defense away by the way he acted.  In such a situation, I am not sure exactly what I would do (it is easy to arm-chair criticize)... I know I wouldn't have put myself in that situation in the first place.  But I also know I would *NEVER* drive in oncoming traffic like that, nor hit his mirror, and I am quite sure I would have attempted to change directions several times and bolted fast.  As it was, he make himself look like a jerk, an instigator, and then totally reckless.

Had I been the car AND thought it was a huge safety issue to illegally split the lane (which I don't in this case) I MIGHT have sped up behind him to grab his plate, then drop back and follow at a reasonable distance while calling the police to report him.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
Nothing like rationalizing irrational behavior. There's no law against willful ignorance and extreme stupidity either but that doesn't mean everyone should participate. The bottom line is that it is my damn lane regardless if I'm in a cage or on a motorcycle. Stay the hell out of it.  :)

+1 

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 11:24:50 PM »
If you can't ditch a cage on a modern sportbike, Your man-card should be revoked. :D
The grass isn't always greener.