Author Topic: Upgrading the GPS  (Read 1685 times)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
Upgrading the GPS
« on: March 15, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »
A few years back, I bought a Garmin Street Pilot 2820 from a buddy of mine that used it for several years before that but could not use it on his current bike. It did well for me, but has had a problem finding the satellites lately and since I will be the leader for our annual multi-day summer ride, I decided to start looking at options.

What I found was surprising. 3-4 years ago, a Zumo was in the $500+ range, yet right now, you can get a Zumo 660LM (Lifetime Maps) kit for the motorcycle or car for $330 brand new, shipped. That includes the Ram mount and a few adapters as well as the car adapters.

So, I decided it was time and made the purchase through an Ebay seller in Washington. It showed up yesterday and I have already run the updates to the device. I will get it wired and mounted to the bike on my day off (Friday).

Anyone want an old Street Pilot 2820 that doesn't pick up the satellites for cheap?   :D
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips