Author Topic: Straight pipe thoughts  (Read 26861 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Straight pipe thoughts
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2016, 04:06:55 PM »
I never expected that one South Park episode to relate to a C14 rider.

Me neither
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »
Part received today and distributor sent me a bad part. This is gonna be sloppier than I wanted it to be.
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
The good: People won't accidentally run you over

The bad: People will INTENTIONALLY run you over.

I fail to see the difference in the end result.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2016, 05:56:23 AM »
The good: People won't will continue to accidentally run you over

The bad more good: People will INTENTIONALLY run you over.

Fixed that for ya!

[just kidding on using the words "good", of course]
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
mmm... here we go again.
I keep driving like if I'm invisible, inaudible, non-existent... Defensive driving trumps all the lighting and noise you can think of, every time. And by personal choice and simple common sense, I loath those who think that can invade my space (visual, physical or acoustic) so they can feel better, mostly out of some deluded believe which, in most cases, utterly flattens somebody else's right to be left alone, in peace, with his life.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 11:38:12 AM »
On more than one occasion I have dropped out of group rides because some azzhat just had to have LOUD pipes and insisted on being at the front where everyone who followed was required to suffer. So I ask, how does this enhance our sport? It does not.
No apology for the rant.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »
If you want to run loud pipes and "Ride like you stole it" then go to a local track day. Find out just how good you really are. You might be better than you thought and then again you just might be to embarrassed to tell anyone. But you'll  know the truth about your state of riding skill.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
If you want to run loud pipes and "Ride like you stole it" then go to a local track day. Find out just how good you really are. You might be better than you thought and then again you just might be to embarrassed to tell anyone. But you'll  know the truth about your state of riding skill.

Just a minor FYI, some tracks now have noise level restrictions.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
 :doh:   I was out yesterday with my wife (in the car) and we were behind someone with straight pipes.  Totally obnoxious even with the windows rolled up and the radio on.

mmm... here we go again.
I keep driving like if I'm invisible, inaudible, non-existent... Defensive driving trumps all the lighting and noise you can think of, every time. And by personal choice and simple common sense, I loath those who think that can invade my space (visual, physical or acoustic) so they can feel better, mostly out of some deluded believe which, in most cases, utterly flattens somebody else's right to be left alone, in peace, with his life.

+1!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »
topic straight pipe thoughts?  ok here's my thought  :-X

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »
topic straight pipe thoughts?  ok here's my thought  :-X

This
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »
Just back from another Bike Week in Daytona. Re-confirmed: Straight pipes are totally obnoxious.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2016, 05:33:07 PM »
+1, also don't like crowds..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
Went to Sturgis a few years ago not during bike week. Tiny little place. Can't imagine what it's like with 100,000+ bikes. I'm definitely enochlophobic, not for me.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »
That's it, straight pipes and dark side for me.

Is there anything else I could that is really stupid and makes everybody think I'm an asshat? I'm all about that, apparently.

Wait, tassles and fringe for me, and an MIA flag.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »
That's it, straight pipes and dark side for me.

Is there anything else I could that is really stupid and makes everybody think I'm an asshat? I'm all about that, apparently.

Wait, tassles and fringe for me, and an MIA flag.

:rotflmao: You could throw lane splitting in there.  ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »
And your choice of oils and oil filters.  Do you wear chaps?  That's another good one.  Having an Asshat here is an asset at times.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
:rotflmao: You could throw lane splitting in there.  ;)

How about riding on plugged tires?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »
God God! Banish me from the Kingdom! Or should I say "Bless me Father for I have sinned" ?

The only thing on what appears to be a list of crimes against humanity that I haven't done is use a car tire on a motorcycle. And add to that list riding without a helmet. And riding with the headlight off.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....