Author Topic: Straight pipe thoughts  (Read 26860 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Straight pipe thoughts
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 05:30:48 PM »
Might I suggested contacting both members BDF and Steve in Sunny Florida for the correct tuning method for this custom application.

:-X :P ??? :o 8)

I've already locked that thread..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 05:32:04 PM »

So, guessing you didn't suffer ill effects when you pulled the flies concerning KTRC?

I keep hearing both ways, and was curious.
Thanks...

No suffering. Mind you I immediately plugged in a PCV and autotune so I don't know if that could have counteracted any weird changes.
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 09:21:21 PM »
Thought about it but I want the raw sound. Decision made, parts ordered. Gonna be a bit 'cause I gotta paint the new parts to match the rest of the exhaust and then I'll make a video.... If I can be patient enough....
Mike

:thumbs:      I'm interested in hearing what it sounds like.    How about a couple of drag strip launches too?   

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 05:17:43 AM »
How much can people hear inside a modern car with a stereo blasting?  Not much.  And where does the sound emit from a bike?  Behind it- not to the side, and not to the front.  And even if a car can hear something, that doesn't mean they know what it is or where it is.  And if it is a sudden, very loud noise, that can just stun people who then do stupid stuff in reaction to it.

So then it really isn't about a false sense of safety, either... it is just peer pressure.  If it were me, I would worry less about what other people in the group think and more about the thousands of innocent people that have to put up with the noise on each trip.  (As you might guess, I am particularly incensed by unnecessary noise pollution... nothing against you, personally.  I also admit I am probably far less tolerant about such things than most people).

At least the people on the road with him will be able to hear where he's been....     ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 05:36:06 AM »
Might I suggested contacting both members BDF and Steve in Sunny Florida for the correct tuning method for this custom application.

:-X  :P  ???  :o  8)

:rotflmao: :thumbs: Steve

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 04:07:05 PM »
kept saying "don't respond... don't respond....."

but here,

I find obnoxious abuse of my ears, by someone intent on saying "look at me.... I'm cool... I'm loud.... if you don't like it, cramm it" as an insult to eerything I fight for in this world, trying to make people understand that because I ride 2 wheels, I'm not an azzhat....

good job, when you can't ride your bike into certain communities, or residential districts, because of like thinking minds, thank yourself, and the other 300+ friends of yours for that...

in closing, can't wait to read this newspaper article...
"bike rider with loud mufflers who expected everyone to "hear him" as a safety feature, killed by 90 yr old blue haired lady driving a Lincoln towncar... her reasoning? I couldn't hear him, no, I freaking deaf.."

ride safe, and stay away from deaf people.. they don't advertise they are deaf, but they are allowed to drive.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
 :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 05:01:50 PM »
kept saying "don't respond... don't respond....."

It didn't work for me.  Besides, we had to entertain Jimmymac while he was munching.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 05:39:15 PM »
A rider with a stock motorcycle can be more of an azzhat than one with open pipes. I depends purely on the operator. And if some azzhat in a car is listening to their radio at deafening levels,  shouldn't THEY be the ones drawing your ire? They are a danger to everyone around them, whereas the bike with loud pipes is merely an annoyance.And I find a bike zipping past me with loud pipes FAR less annoying than some azzhat in the left lane not passing anyone.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 06:13:36 PM »
A rider with a stock motorcycle can be more of an azzhat than one with open pipes.

Only on the road.  But to the THOUSANDS of people they pass that work and live within range of the road, the stock motorcycle poses no annoyance at all.

And if some azzhat in a car is listening to their radio at deafening levels,  shouldn't THEY be the ones drawing your ire? They are a danger to everyone around them,

Again, ONLY ON THE ROAD.  A car with a stock stereo, loud, and windows up are not annoying the THOUSANDS of people they pass during their trips.  Of course when they cross the line and install those S****Y subwoofers and amps and blast a 1/2" mile radius around them, yes, they draw my ire too.

whereas the bike with loud pipes is merely an annoyance.

No.  A loud motorcyclist is likely wearing earplugs and helmet, or is already deaf.  He is more of a threat on the road because he not only can't hear (like the person in the car with the windows up and loud stereo) but also is blasting OTHER PEOPLE too- those in cars that are NOT well insulated, and/or NOT with windows up and/or are NOT listening to loud music.  At least it is rare to see a motorcyclist messing with a damn phone while driving.

And I find a bike zipping past me with loud pipes FAR less annoying than some azzhat in the left lane not passing anyone.

I find LOTS of things annoying.  But comparing one unnecessary annoyance to another is futile.  When I am trying to enjoy reading or resting or listening to light music in my CLOSED house and some asshole on an open-pipe vehicle disturbs MY space, and from blocks or even a mile away, it is infuriating and unacceptable.  Add to that F'ing dog owners who allow their dogs to bark outside, F'ing boombox cars, F'ing leafblowers, F'ing car alarms, F'ing car horns, and it makes for a lot of unnecessary and unreasonable noise.  It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate, self-centered, unsympathetic, and non-empathetic some people are.

I need to move out of the city!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »
I will make it a point to stay off of your lawn.  ;D
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »

No.  A loud motorcyclist is likely wearing earplugs and helmet, or is already deaf.  He is more of a threat on the road because he not only can't hear (like the person in the car with the windows up and loud stereo) but also is blasting OTHER PEOPLE too- those in cars that are NOT well insulated, and/or NOT with windows up and/or are NOT listening to loud music.  At least it is rare to see a motorcyclist messing with a damn phone while driving.

I wear earplugs, helmet and am somewhat hearing impaired in one ear.  I can still see, however. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 09:48:14 PM »
I wear earplugs, helmet and am somewhat hearing impaired in one ear.  I can still see, however.

I always wear earplugs (earphones actually... same thing, just with options) under my helmet on the bike.  Silence is golden (although it really isn't silence, and I can still hear emergency vehicles).  I can see, as long as it is not night, because then I am just blinded by all the poorly adjusted, modified, and/or dirty headlights :(

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 10:46:08 PM »
nah, living on a populated state route, I just say 12 ga, 00buck, and sit and wait for the 30 seconds the dupa is roaring before getting to your house.. then, blammo.

I get really tired of hearing the same old crap, loud pipes save lives... bullshirt... its just about you, and you don't mean squat in the big picture... enjoy the fine, keep it up, make all bike riders look like azzholes, and further restrict our given rights to ride freely where ever we want to, because you want to make noise, which most people find offending..
soapbox done...
have a nice day.
 ;)
I can't ride my quiet C14 to visit my inlaws, or my daughter, in hilton head, living in a community restricting m/c access totally based on a- holes with loud pipes, doing the brapppp brappppp fag thing. enough.

N.J. Stat. § 39:3-70 (2013)

§ 39:3-70. Mufflers

Every motor vehicle having a combustion motor shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, bypass, or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:55:20 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 04:05:58 AM »
Yeah, that's right about Hilton Head.  Haven't been down there in years but I remember the thing about MCs on the Plantations.  We had a time share down there at one time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2016, 05:31:42 AM »
Only on the road.  But to the THOUSANDS of people they pass that work and live within range of the road, the stock motorcycle poses no annoyance at all.

Again, ONLY ON THE ROAD.  A car with a stock stereo, loud, and windows up are not annoying the THOUSANDS of people they pass during their trips.  Of course when they cross the line and install those S****Y subwoofers and amps and blast a 1/2" mile radius around them, yes, they draw my ire too.

I find LOTS of things annoying.  But comparing one unnecessary annoyance to another is futile.  When I am trying to enjoy reading or resting or listening to light music in my CLOSED house and some asshole on an open-pipe vehicle disturbs MY space, and from blocks or even a mile away, it is infuriating and unacceptable.  Add to that F'ing dog owners who allow their dogs to bark outside, F'ing boombox cars, F'ing leafblowers, F'ing car alarms, F'ing car horns, and it makes for a lot of unnecessary and unreasonable noise.  It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate, self-centered, unsympathetic, and non-empathetic some people are.

I need to move out of the city!!!

Here Max, have a Snickers.     :)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 05:38:44 AM »
Here Max, have a Snickers.     :)

Get off my lawn!!  But gimmie that...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 10:00:11 AM »
I never expected that one South Park episode to relate to a C14 rider.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
I never expected that one South Park episode to relate to a C14 rider.

+1

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »
Yeah, that's right about Hilton Head.  Haven't been down there in years but I remember the thing about MCs on the Plantations.  We had a time share down there at one time.

yep, years ago, it was only Hilton Head Plantation, when mom and dad lived there...and we were denied entrance, even tho on a totally quiet C10... then, more and more places jumped on the band wagon, Like Sea Pines and others...
we soo much wanted to ride there for vacations, but because of the restrictions could not, well, we.could, but would have to leave the bike at the entrance guard shack, and have someone drive us to and from the homes... suckedballz