Author Topic: Mesh Jacket  (Read 14939 times)

Offline NDCUNIONGUY

Re: Mesh Jacket
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
Old - Hi-Viz?  Nahhh. 

I'm running all Hi-Viz from the hips up, Tourmaster for winter and First Gear Mesh-Tex right now.  I keep the liner in a ziploc in the trunk for the chillier nights.  I am just amazed at the amount of air flow these jackets allow.  The shoulder and elbow armor feels slightly awkward when the liner is out but nothing too terrible.  I got mine over the winter for $59 at RMC in Kent, WA. 

Another benefit to the Hi-viz is its solar reflection vs. absorption.  Dark helmet and jacket were toasty.  Hi-Viz helmet and jacket are much cooler.  I may even leave the V-Stream on for the summer.  Liked the look of those Tornado pants, how'd they fit?

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2011, 12:38:55 PM »
Tourmaster Intake Series 1. I'm thinking the trick is, just don't stop. I've used it with the thermal liner down to 30F, no problem there, and have had a chance to wear it this week, when it hit 95F. Not the best, but I'm sure if the Conc didn't have the wind protection it would be much better.
Oh yeah, stay away from the black. The only reason I'm wearing black is I got it for $50 with the tags on it. I just can't walk away from a deal. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:14:39 PM by anycleavers »
"Always take the long way home."

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2011, 12:50:24 PM »

I was riding down in the Starved Rock area a couple of weekends ago, too bad we didn't hook up then.

Hey, I was riding over there a few weeks ago, with my buddy who rides a Sportster. We make quite the pair.
It's funny, the Harley riders aren't really sure if they should "give the wave". You can see the hand come up, then hesitate. Really confuses them.

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
I have the Tourmaster Sonara pictured on page 1 of the thread in gray.  Totally awesome jacket and breathes better than any jacket I've owned.

Online blue14

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
Tourmaster Intake Series 1. I'm thinking the trick is, just don't stop. I've used it with the thermal liner down to 30F, no problem there, and have had a chance to wear it this week, when it hit 95F. Not the best, but I'm sure if the Conc didn't have the wind protection it would be much better.
Oh yeah, stay away from the black. The only reason I wearing black is I got it for $50 with the tags on it. I just can't walk away from a deal.

Got the same jacket.  Use it almost all the time from 25 degrees to 101.  Used it on a SV1000 and zx14 before the Concours.  Worked fine, agreed on Black definitely not the right color.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
I have the Sonora in gray and it's been working well. I've used it down to 30F with the liners and up to over 100F just his week. If you're really looking for the coolest option, you might look for the shorter version. I'm not sure what it's called, but the Sonora is a 3/4 jacket. Better in cool, but probably not as good in the heat.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »

Hey, I was riding over there a few weeks ago, with my buddy who rides a Sportster. We make quite the pair.
It's funny, the Harley riders aren't really sure if they should "give the wave". You can see the hand come up, then hesitate. Really confuses them.

I saw a silver C14 riding 2up down there, you?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »
Is there any other mesh jackets you guys can recommend me that lets more air flow through?

I have the Tourmaster Flex Series II.  It is a 3-way jacket (mesh base, insulated liner, solid shell).  The mesh part of the jacket is well made, comfortable, soft, looks great, has significant safety features, and really lets air flow.  Now, zipping the outer shell on it is quite a challenge.  I also wish it had snaps instead of velcro at the cuffs.  But it was a great value and overall I am pleased with it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
I saw a silver C14 riding 2up down there, you?

Nah, '97 C10 Windsor Green. I haven't seen any Connies when riding over in those parts, but a hell of a lot of cruisers.    What are you riding?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 06:50:09 AM »

Nah, '97 C10 Windsor Green. I haven't seen any Connies when riding over in those parts, but a hell of a lot of cruisers.    What are you riding?

I only saw the one C14 down there and it was as we were getting ready to head back home. Yep. a LOT of cruisers for sure! 

I'm on a 08 C14.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn