Author Topic: Just got my 2014 C-14! TPS question regarding my local dealer as well as others  (Read 13000 times)

wcgreen

Get the new tire put on first.

Yeah, I would probably do that... I still have some wear on the front tire... and I drained all my accounts to get the bike and have.   So, not gonna be able to get that tire ahead of the service.  I assume the part should arrive soon.  Prob just get the tire when I am ready, put on by the kawa dealer an hour away at $189 for out the door price... at least not $250.  I may bring it up to the service dept the new tire price, but they seem very adamant that their tire prices are with FREE installation.... and thus there is no lower price on the unit.  Whatever.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
That's the dealers prerogative. The tire is more important than the sensor. Make a ride-in appointment 40 minutes away.
Get the sensor fixed free by the high priced tire dealer later.

wcgreen

I have another 1k left on that front tire... I will do it later.. I was just trying to kill two birds with one stone.. they can change the sensor and the dealer in Bessemer, if they seem reputable, I will probably use them for the rest.  Im gonna do my oil changes as the original owner used Mobil One and this dealership only use Yamalub.  Bessemer, if honest, will get my brake service and the valve check when I hit 20+k or so.  This dealership.. Service guys are nice.. but nice don't help my wallet.
Billy

wcgreen

Pete got me the 36 month warranty!!!!  Got it!!!  Soooooo... Will just let them replace the sensor and get my tire sometime later when this one is down to the bars.  Got some questions about the warranty and how it works... regarding valve checks and if you don't do them on the scheduled time, but do them, say at 20k, then there is a valve failure at 26k... does kawasaki say "oh... you should have gotten it at 15k... we won't pay!"?
Billy

Offline Landon

I thought Pete might be able to help you out!

I do my own service, so I'm not sure how Kawasaki would ever know exactly when I performed each service without me telling them. I've never had mine in for warranty work. I wouldn't sweat it to much if I were you.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Pete got me the 36 month warranty!!!!  Got it!!!

Congrats!  I am glad our advice paid off.  It is always a good idea to ask... sometimes there are grace periods or someone can backdate something for you or whatnot.  This is really great news for you!  And Pete is just a really good guy who seems to care about people (it is that customer service I was talking about before).

Soooooo... Will just let them replace the sensor and get my tire sometime later when this one is down to the bars. 

Yep, the heat is off

Got some questions about the warranty and how it works... regarding valve checks and if you don't do them on the scheduled time, but do them, say at 20k, then there is a valve failure at 26k... does kawasaki say "oh... you should have gotten it at 15k... we won't pay!"?

That is complicated.  There is no absolute with this stuff.  Kawasaki can and sometimes will make people's lives difficult... but GENERALLY, the answer is no, they can't do that.  They can correctly deny the claim if they can prove that NOT adjusting it is what CAUSED the failure.  That is only fair.  But just because you didn't perform a recommended maintenance item is not automatic cause to deny a claim.  Same thing with using aftermarket parts or non-Kawasaki labor.  If they have good reason (and hopefully proof) that the parts or labor ACTUALLY CAUSED a failure, that is a different story.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline dailybibliotaph

Congrats on the new ride and the warranty extension! Awesome you were able to get it.

Sucks about the dealer. There are way too many businesses that rely on the old pre-internet model of doing business. There's so much more choice now and more pricing transparency. They need to get with the program.

I'm thinking I have to try to get my GTPP, which expires late 2017, extended for another 36 months with that deal !
The Internet - feeding conspiracies to the uneducated since 1991