Author Topic: Unbelievable what this driver did as the motorcycle was passing...  (Read 8392 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Unbelievable what this driver did as the motorcycle was passing...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 06:23:17 AM »
They were both wrong, although the driver of the car ahead should be charged with attempted murder.  It can be extremely frustrating getting behind one slow driver, but when there are two and the second one doesn't want to pass the first, it's worse.  I've felt that impatience many times but I'm very reluctant to pass on a double yellow.

http://youtu.be/L13Z7Aa7ZXQ
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:25:49 AM »
Double yellows are just a suggestion aren't they?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
No, they aren't.  Just because we ride bikes, doesn't make us above the law.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 06:39:36 AM »
Do you always drive the speed limit? ...even when passing? Is that exhaust on your bike EPA approved? Do you still drive that Prius?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 06:50:19 AM »
No.  No.  No.  Yes.  You forgot to ask do I have two headphone speakers in my helmet?  That would be Yes as well.  And if I get a ticket for any of those, I'll pay it or for wearing ear plugs.  Although I don't think driving a Prius is a ticket-able offense.  The way I ride, none of those are considered reckless in VA.   20mph over the limit and above 80 is considered reckless here.

However, what the rider did was reckless.  The driver of the car was even more so.  It took two to have this happen.  Both were wrong.  I also don't weave in and out of traffic like an idiot.  It gives all riders a bad reputation.

If I get a ticket for exceeding a speed limit, I'll take it without argument but I'm not reckless in how I ride or drive.  It's not worth the consequences if something goes wrong.  And as I get older, I want to live longer.  I'm also not as stupid as I was when younger.  I also don't text and drive. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »
The rider committed a misdemeanor traffic offense, the car driver committed felony assault with a deadly weapon IMO.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
If the rider was going faster he would have been past before the car driver could have reacted......just saying.  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 09:59:57 AM »
The rider committed a misdemeanor traffic offense, the car driver committed felony assault with a deadly weapon IMO.

No argument there.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »
I have posted this on several forums.  It is interesting the different responses.

I am amazed that the driver pulled over.  At least he didn't compound one error in judgement with another.

The whole "I don't care" comments makes me think he knew the bike was back there and he was being passive agressive  I've by slowing down.  Then when he realized that slowing down gave the rider the opportunity to pass, he lost all sense and attacked.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Leo

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »
Anyone who would decide he would issue a death sentence for a traffic infraction is a murderer, plain and simple.   Any prosecutor who does not want to go after this cage driver needs a new job.   

I carry a firearm, all the time.  I have made every effort for legal and moral training as well as proficiency with the hardware.  I will, if needed defend life.  I am not going to start shooting people for shop lifting, drunk and disorderly, poor driving or disturbing the peace.   That car is EVERY bit as dangerous and destructive as any handgun.   I would say assault with a deadly weapon would be the minimum charge. 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »

well,.actually it would be 2 counts of aggravated attempted murder, along with a few more counts of reckless op, crossing centerline to do so,  and picking at his azz multiple times while on camera

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »
Seems like there assholes everywhere.  :) Looks like they crossed the yellow line too.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2015/10/19/6493439477928081682/640x360_6493439477928081682.mp4

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 08:10:19 PM »
^^^  ;D
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 03:55:35 AM »
Saw it on the local DC tv news this morning..

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 06:02:33 AM »
William Crum faces two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, which is a second-degree felony, for his involvement in the motorcycle accident, Rob Christian, Hood County District Attorney, told the Star-Telegram on Monday night.
Sanders was cited at the scene for passing in a no-passing zone and for driving with an invalid license.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article40236648.html#storylink=cpy
My Concours Travels:

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/19/driver-involved-in-motorcycle-crash-arrested/

Now he claims he got bit by a spider in the leg which caused him to jerk the steering wheel.  No sign of any kind of bite mark on his leg.  I say guilty! Let him spend the rest of his life in jail.  I have a hard time with vigilantes.   >:(

Offline Landon

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/19/driver-involved-in-motorcycle-crash-arrested/

Now he claims he got bit by a spider in the leg which caused him to jerk the steering wheel.  No sign of any kind of bite mark on his leg.  I say guilty! Let him spend the rest of his life in jail.  I have a hard time with vigilantes.   >:(

Maybe it was just the camera man, but I did notice in the beginning of the clip Crum told the reported he was bit on his left leg and then later in the video they were looking at his right leg for a spider bite. Its hard to keep the lies straight.

I think the end of the video kind of says it all when he claims he's seen bikes on that road all the time doing wheelies at 60MPH. Comes off to me as he was trying to make them pay.

Offline billhook

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »
I can't believe how calm and cool the camera guy was with him.  I think I'd be facing an assault charge of my own, especially after his "I don't care" responses.  The aggravated assault charges will get plead down to simple misdemeanors, and he'll pay a fine and maybe get some probation, all the while the victims will probably carry physical and mental scars for the rest of their lives.  And, he'll go on feeling like he did nothing wrong.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »
he will be tried twice for sure, once for law, and once civil court... no matter what, he's screwed... with the proliferation of motorcyclists, or people with friends or relatives hurt on bikes, it will be tough to weasel out of litigation... a jury selection process has only so many pre emptory allowances for each side, and in this case, any jury would be biased with the malice shown,  id have been arrested at the scene had I had a helmet cam and filmed that... the film would have shown my beating that dork to the ground with my helmet.... and if I were charged, id be saying " he had a wasp on his forehead, I was just trying to save him from being stung...".

aggrevated assault vs attempted vehicular homicide...

oh this don't help much on his behalf either.... hmmmmmm fine upstanding citizen...
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/20/driver-arrested-for-granbury-motorcycle-crash/

http://m.yourglenrosetx.com/article/20151019/NEWS/151019367

"However, this is not the first time Crum has had a run in with the law in Hood County, or Somervell County for that matter, and is also not the first time he has been accused of misconduct with a motor vehicle, according to arrest and court records.
On July 28, 1989, Crum was arrested by Arlington police for assault and family violence, and later charged and sentenced to one-year's probation. He was also force to pay an undisclosed restitution. Fast forward a few years to Aug. 23, 1993, Crum was picked up by Granbury PD for silent or abusive calls to a 9-1-1 service – a class B misdemeanor that was later dismissed after he recognized himself as the culprit prior to the case being deferred on Sept. 9, 1993.
All illegal, but not exactly relatable to the current charge.
Six months and change later, Crum was scooped up by Somervell County sheriff’s deputies for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle – a 3rd degree felony he plead no contest to. Crum was convicted of the charge on Sept. 26, 1994, which resulted in an $87 court cost, 80 hours of community service and two years of community supervision.
Thirteen years later, he was again found to be improperly using a vehicle by the Somervell County Sheriff’s Department. Crum was observed to be driving recklessly on March 28, 2007, but this time was also charged with making a terroristic threat. Despite pleading 'not guilty' to the charge of making a terroristic threat, he was later convicted of both charges and confined to two years in jail, while being forced to pay $500 in court fines and a $612 court fines."

now, in my book, the "three strikes, you are out, mandatory sentencing". will come into play here
This has been in effect in Texas for 65 years....
http://sheenalawfirm.com/threestrikescases.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-strikes_law

I mean, after all, if you can get busted and it's your third offense for having a joint (Texas prisons are full of minor pot offenders)
http://nationalreport.net/texas-implements-three-strike-law-marijuana-related-charges/

then why not hammer the dude for his priors regarding vehicular offenses which are on record....

steeeeeeerike 3 already done..

strike 4 and 5 coming up....... you're out...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:22:15 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..