Author Topic: What'd you do for your Connie today?  (Read 113422 times)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: What'd you do for your Connie today?
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
I, along with the back up of my generous host, SiSF, replaced the water pump today. We kinda figured with 161k miles on it, it was time. Yanked it out, old one looked perfect. 161k miles. Wow.

Went ahead and installed new one, purchased from Murphs, for the peace of mind.

Also replaces all coolant hoses as they were about 5-6 years old.

To Steve in Sunny Florida, SALUTE! Thanx again for the use of the lift and having my back when required.

Wrapped it up about 2:30-3, SiSF, 2Fast(runner up OTP), in town for a personal matter, and myself then went up to

http://www.wallowatthehollow.com/

to celebrate the success.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

voileauciel

« Reply #321 on: March 28, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »
New tyres (BT-45Vs this time. Had them on a Ninja 500 a few years ago and loved them.) Chassis lube, carb sync and new wheel bearings. She's riding like a Cadillac again. It makes me go all  ;D

Offline mrwog

• Be well and safe
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
Almost done put my powder coated parts on and calling it quits for the night
Start  it up tomorrow and finish putting the body work on...wish I had painted the rest of the bike to match the shiny front fender and top tail piece.....oh well
94 wheels front end brakes drive shaft & gear hub cut the screen down powder on can mid pipe foot pegs and brackets. Put pods on it along with turning the stock exhaust into a 4 into one, we'll see how that goes I will most likely have to set it up.New sneakers on polished 94/05 rims put the stick coils on and block off plates.I'm doing my seat next week have not decided yet what I'll do but it will get Wogasized 8>)
Fingers crossed.
Some shots
some people are like Slinky's good for nothing but still fun when tossed down stairs

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
Headlight bulb and battery.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »
Topped off my clutch with fluid, ordered a rebuild kit for the clutch slave cylinder and odered yet another speed-o cable.  This is my second one in less that 8 months.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
Removed the tupperware to give it the 50k mile spa treatment.  Started rewiring the fog lamps so that they can only be energized when the headlight is on. 

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline F-106

« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »
PICKED UP MY TIPOVER BARS FROM THE POWDERCOATER.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #327 on: April 05, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »
Fog light wiring was really fast.  Now onto adding power outlet.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #328 on: April 06, 2012, 03:32:09 AM »
Fog light wiring was really fast.  Now onto adding power outlet.

What FOG light did you get?

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #329 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:41 AM »
Oh yeah!!! I replaced my broken speed-o-cable. And color sanded my gas tank.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2012, 05:17:11 AM »
What FOG light did you get?

Cheers
Ron

They're some really cheap PIAA's that I picked up on eBay a few years ago when eBay was relevant. I put them on the Blue Monster when I bought it but I used the instrument panel wire to power the relay and the relay drew so much current that the panel was very dim.  I pulled that wiring and ran power directly from the battery through the accessory leads and a toggle switch but I've forgotten to turn them off every once in a while.  Now I've got relay energized with the blue wire from the junction box.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22:19 AM »
Thanks

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
Purchased an auxiliary power outlet to run the mini-compressor and GPS.  Snugged the steering head bearings.  Discovered bad front wheel bearing.  Ordered bearing and seals from Murph.

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2012, 09:04:29 PM »
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
Interesting conundrum....  C14 stuff in a C10 thread.....  Hmmmmm what to do....  Well, it is a Connie and he did something to it...  Oh well. 

I thrashed mine a bit on the way to southern VA and back.  Other than that...nothing.  Not much to do actually.  Just ride the heck out of it now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:20:21 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Motor Head

• Resurected Concours, $260 Purchase & Counting
« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »
 Got the Connie in for the coolant log O'rings. Then went out for a ride. Temps in the 50's here today in central Oregon. Got her up to an Indicated 125 @9K in 5th gear. beat my buddies SV650 in a rolling 1st to 100 pretty easy. He's pissed. So I just ordered a 75mm kit for my old KZ 1000 as well. Making his day!
1990 ZG1000 C10
1982 KZ1000 LTD

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
The 50k mile spa continues....

Greased the suspension.  Lubed the throttle and speedometer cables.  Discovered broken motor mount bolt and started a list for ronayers.com.  Cleaned the air filter and left it to dry. Drained the carbs.  Changed the gear oil.  Drained the coolant.  Checked the rear pads...  with the holy day tomorrow I won't get back to it until Monday.

Offline Gbike

« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »
First off thanks to everyone, I'm a newbe here but have used the information to bring my project bike together. I call it Frankenstein, because it needed fairing surgery and general maintenance. But today I took frankenstein out for a 100 mile ride. It is a 86 connie with 38000 mile on her.

Offline squad404

« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »
Found a cool paint scheme I'm gunna do.  It's my profile pic.  TAXI! TAXI!
1986, 30K miles.  Bought from a guy who thought fluid changes only applied to cars

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #339 on: April 09, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
Adjusted the valve clearance.  Refilled the cooling system.  Shined the Cans.  Returned the auxiliary power outlet and replaced the feeler gauge I bent the last time that I adjusted the valves.  Re-glued the fog light lens that fell off in my hands the other day.  Removed and replaced the spark plugs.  Drained the oil and purchased new filter.  Received from Murph the new wheel bearings and seals and removed old ones from wheel destroying one of the c-clips in the process. Ordered engine mounting bolt, nut, fuel tank bumper and c-clip from Ron Ayers.  Started it's sponge bath from the rear end and got about halfway through before I went to work on the cans.