Author Topic: What'd you do for your Connie today?  (Read 113393 times)

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
Re: What'd you do for your Connie today?
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2011, 02:30:23 PM »
You'll find Snarf's pegs are very easy to install and are sweet on longer rides.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
Bought a new windshield!  8)

A "new" to you windshield?  ;)

Bob

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:52 AM »
A "new" to you windshield?  ;)

Yes, yes. I stand corrected. New to me!  ;D

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2011, 06:05:42 AM »
Painted the valve cover a nice fresh coat of black and reinstalled on Dad's bike.  Added Snarf's block-off plates.  Tightened some of the oil lines (banjo bolts) on the engine.  A few had worked a little loose and were weeping oil.  Maybe I should lock-tite them?  Tonight will be T-Cro's coils.  Then it will be off to redo the rear end, seals, fender bob, and all.

Replaced one of the little o-rings on the left carb of my bike under the vacuum cut-off cover.  It split and was a vacuum leak.  No change in performance, just don't hear it now.  Actually, I replaced it by cutting a sliver length of very small vacuum hose.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

voileauciel

« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2011, 06:43:59 AM »
Hi RFH87,

Where can I get Snarf's block off plates? These are for the valve cover, right? It sure would make doing valve jobs easier if I didn't have all that dang secondary air stuff to deal with!

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2011, 06:48:20 AM »
Use the search engine (at the top) when you are on the HOME page and search for "block off".  His name is Chris Lillie.  I'll bet he'll be along any minute.  Takes just a minute to install them (After digging down to them).
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2011, 02:50:26 PM »
He's also listed under the sale section.  Good quality stuff and the price is right.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline Dan

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »
brought my dog his dinner, a 40 pound bag of dog food...

ltr..

dan

YoDoc

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »
New front brakes!

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2011, 11:54:32 PM »
Repaired a rear flat tire with DynaPlug.

Bless the TPS .. gave me warning while 2 up .. on the 680 Freeway this night.
2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline croach1776

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2011, 01:25:58 AM »
Put all the tupperware  back on and rode her to breakfast and later too work. Feels good to be riding again after over two weeks absence. Had to wait till new rider foot peg and mounting bracket arrived (dont ask). Cleaned all the fairings and applied black magic to the bags.
Charles K Roach Jr
COG#9094/CDA#319/50K/IBA#42837
AMA#2704431
Ya Cant Lose What Ya Never Had - Fatty Roach

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2011, 05:06:38 AM »
Use the search engine (at the top) when you are on the HOME page and search for "block off".  His name is Chris Lillie.  I'll bet he'll be along any minute.  Takes just a minute to install them (After digging down to them).
What?? Did somebody say my name 8)
I dont want to take a way from the purpose of this thread, so I will make this short. Here is a link to the BO plates
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=99.0
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2011, 06:24:49 AM »
My fingers hurt from working on her last night.  Plus, it was 91 degrees in the garage because it hit 102 here yesterday.  Went far enough in to pull the radiator, oil cooler, and oil lines.  Then did the front coolant log o-rings, then all the short coolant hoses.  Painted the lower fairing frame and the radiator screens.  They'll be going back on next along with the top radiator hoses and T-Cro's wire harness.  Then maybe finally start working on the rear - after I relocate the coolant overflow container.  I saw Man-of-Blues pix on Cogzilla - must do that.  Hopefully it will let some more air flow thru the bottom.

Now I'm looking for two replacement oil cooler lines. mine are caracking at the crimp.  Pete, you out there?

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2011, 09:18:36 AM »
My fingers hurt from working on her last night.  Plus, it was 91 degrees in the garage because it hit 102 here yesterday.  Went far enough in to pull the radiator, oil cooler, and oil lines.  Then did the front coolant log o-rings, then all the short coolant hoses.  Painted the lower fairing frame and the radiator screens.  They'll be going back on next along with the top radiator hoses and T-Cro's wire harness.  Then maybe finally start working on the rear - after I relocate the coolant overflow container.  I saw Man-of-Blues pix on Cogzilla - must do that.  Hopefully it will let some more air flow thru the bottom.

Now I'm looking for two replacement oil cooler lines. mine are caracking at the crimp.  Pete, you out there?
IIRC a few people were using the coolant container from Ninja 250's.  It will fit behind or beneath the battery box.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
I've seen that.  However, Man-of-Blues method just uses existing pieces (including the hoses).  The ultimate in frugal.  It fits between the fender and battery box, just below the igniter, using some "industrial strength" Velcro to keep it from shifting.  Somewhere on his photobucket pix, you can see it.

Offline yoman

« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »
I finally replaced the dented muffler!  ;D

I think it's finally presentable, although I have been riding it for several months.

Man I love this bike.
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline dbethel

« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
Valve adjustment, replaced the fan switch and t-stat, drain and fill coolant, installed a used centerstand, (the original finally broke) and went on a 200 mile ride to test the repairs.

D.

Offline gtr1000

• Arena
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
Today - nothing, lousy weather, loads of rain yet again OTP. Stood in my garage and looked at "Gryff", my C-10.

What did I do yesterday and the day before and the day before that etc, etc, etc? - see above re. rain, rain and more effin rain  >:( >:( >:(
Paul OTP (near Windsor, GB).

06 C-10, 2009 to .....
A5 C-10, 2000 to 2009.

Offline iMotoPilot

« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
Installed Murph's grips.  ~Cushy~
Lucky has got me this far and tricky will get me in.   apc

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
I got in line for a Rick Mayer custom seat.  Sent him pictures, money, and one of my two stock seats.  Can't WAIT for the results!