Author Topic: What'd you do for your Connie today?  (Read 113285 times)

Offline Johnj

Re: What'd you do for your Connie today?
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2011, 08:40:26 AM »
I received my new Targa Smoked Screen and fit it on the bike.
Practicing the dark art of turn-signal usage since 1976

Offline RiderRich

« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »
Just had fun riding it. I had to a fuel though. that is that doing something, right?
2005 Concours

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2011, 07:41:54 PM »
I let her run 862 milestoday.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
Just installed a new AGM battery.
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline BrianM

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »
Took a couple photos and hacked another 1" (ish) off my shorty screen.

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »
I installed a nearly new 110 80/17 Macadam on the front and it feels weird. Came with the bike and the one on it was showing dry rot "cracks" in it.. Maybe it the small difference in size.......
I also changed my speedo cable that's been missing for the last month or so. I was ballparking the speeds based on memory vs the tach. I've been a BAD BAD boy. ;D

Lastly I received my Frog Togg rain suit in Hi-Vis. Very sexy,the product feels strange hope it works!

I'm packing up for a 3 day drive to............... NO FRIGGIN IDEA! My outlaws are having a family reunion here and I don't fit in too well. Yes I play well with others, just not these "others"

I was thinking of hitting Mount Washington and then Old Orchard for a few "insert beverage here" on the pier. The weather for Sunday looks like poo so I'll play it buy ear.  If I had been more prepared I would have done a 1000/24 but I'm not ready.

That's all she wrote!

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2011, 09:56:53 PM »
BrianM I was gonna feel sorry for the oil leak but then I saw the Chevelle in the pic and there is no pity on ya now!   But really, did you get that gasket fixed??

Oh..I just did an oil/filter exchange and installed a Admore LED bar on rear.  Pretty cool running, brake and even a amber turn signal that flashes progressively like the old T-birds and Cougars and the new Mustangs.
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline BrianM

« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »
There are only 4 60's era Chevelle's in/around that shop.  2 belong to my father-in-law, and 1 each for his 2 sons.  I think only one is a runner anymore.  There's a 68 or 69 Camaro too, and a handful of other cars that I have no idea what they are.  Those things with 4 wheels are only utility to me, I own a truck for hauling things and a diesel Jetta for getting somewhere as economically as possible. 

Anyway, yes I did get the valve cover gasket replaced.  Box from Murphs showed up at 11am on Monday and I had the bike all stripped and ready so it was on and the bike running (without leaks this time) in about an hour.  Been MUCH too hot for a ride lately, though my wife and I are doing our first 2-up tomorrow morning on a breakfast run. 

Offline emjayw

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »
Just finished a 4-day riding/camping trip through TX, NM and the southwestern section of Colorado.  Stopped at Telluride for a brew at a nice pub then ran into several storms going into Durango.  Camped near Gunnison at Blue Mesa and spent a night near Walsenburg.  Did 2100 miles total and 854 on the marathon last day ride from Durango CO into the 100+ degree heat in North Texas.  Pulled into my drive at 12:33am and the thermometer said 100 degrees F.  My 2001 ran flawlessly all week and was a joy in the twisties, even with a severly worn front Dunlop.  I had just fitted a Pirelli MT66 to the back and was pleasantly surprised at the nice, neutral feel it gave the bike.  I've ordered a Pirelli 110/80/18 for the front to try out the set together.  Our summer really sucks this year down here and I can't wait to hit the 80's and 90's again for a mid-day high.  I bought the bike 5 weeks ago and have put 4K on it already.  I've owned 3 Conks and this is the nicest one yet.

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
Lastly I received my Frog Togg rain suit in Hi-Vis. Very sexy,the product feels strange hope it works!

I'm packing up for a 3 day drive to............... NO FRIGGIN IDEA! My outlaws are having a family reunion here and I don't fit in too well. Yes I play well with others, just not these "others"

I was thinking of hitting Mount Washington and then Old Orchard for a few "insert beverage here" on the pier. The weather for Sunday looks like poo so I'll play it buy ear.  If I had been more prepared I would have done a 1000/24 but I'm not ready.

That's all she wrote!

First off the Frogg Toggs are AWESOME! They work so well, as soon as I put them on the RAIN STOPPED!!!! So in fact I have no idea if the are really awesome they are at all...... ::)
I hit Mount Washington despite the weather outlook. The summit was fuzzy at best but just a little lower down was spectacular as usual, Followed the directions on my crazy a$$ GPS and found some sweet roads purely by accidents. I hadn't received my Ram mount and had fun trying to see my GPS in the map pocket of my tank bag. Never again! I had everything with me but the kitchen sink and a CAMERA, so no pictures  :( .
I visited some friends camping at Little River State Park in VT on the way home. Great camp site for those of you who like this off the beaten path. Best part about it there are NO BUGS! the sites are cool and the whole place is really nice! http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/littleriver.htm
I motored home at warp speed and the temperature was simply beautiful for a night ride.
One interesting thing happened at the border (I know some of you have a border fetish 8) !) I pulled up after the car in front left and was already helmet less and passport in hand. The border guy ask where I'm headed so I tell him Mount Washington. He asked what I do and I told him. Since 9/11 2 border guy are always present when a vehicles arrives. The older guard to my left blurts out "don't you have any places to visit in Canadaaaa?" to which I reply "yes but I've seen them all and I've actually seen more of the USA then most Americans will ever see!". As I blurted this out by the end of my sentence I was wondering what I had just started.... To my surprise the old guy replied "your probably right, have a good ride"
So that folks was my 550 mile Saturday ride!

Oh here a vid of Travis Pastrana doing his thing on the mountain! SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULL RUN - Travis Pastrana's rally hillclimb up Mt. Washington

How do you embed vids anyhow?

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
While commuting in to work today, my 2001 C-10 crossed the 50k milestone.  20,016 of those miles are mine!  A beautiful day too. 

Yesterday, I replaced the fixed 220 resistor with an adjustable 1000K resistor.  I gave it six turns to around 330ohms to see if that slows down the dropping needle to acceptable rate.  Will let you know with pics too.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
While commuting in to work today, my 2001 C-10 crossed the 50k milestone.  20,016 of those miles are mine!  A beautiful day too. 

Congrats.

Last Saturday at the Mid Floriduh Sleepy Hollow RTE, I hung the 150K sticker on my '99.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
New brakes and fluid flush last week.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline tbunder

« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2011, 07:02:23 AM »
removed the "funny for a few times" KMW decals ::) the po slapped on along with the "Concours" reflective tape stickers he slapped on the sides of the bags. waxed the fairing and armor all'd the bags and it's like a new bike. the decals were good for a laugh more than a few times, but the shiny cosmic blue paint and all black bags give the bike a nice clean look.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »
Hey Baby is dressed for the dance.
Ready to get on the road to the Labor Day Buckeye Bash in Millersport, Ohio.
It's gonna be hot, but it is still summer around here.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2011, 04:31:57 AM »
 I'm a bit slow in the shop, so I'm gonna address some issues on Shoodaben. I have a new Murph's dual headlight to install; an Avon storm ultra for the front and a michelin pr3 for the back; change the fork oil and install a set of gators; wheel bearings all around; better horns; and a general cleaning. I'm also working on a super - secret new product to kill vibration, and hope to have the prototype ready for a trip to Barber motorsports next month... Steve

Offline Solderwick

« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
I'm also working on a super - secret new product to kill vibration

Wow, keep us informed on how that works out! I'm sure it will create a lot of "buzz" around here.  ;)

-Ken-

Offline KenE

« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »
Put on foam bicycle grip wrap to see if it helps with the vibes. 

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2011, 12:48:55 AM »
Tuesday... changed the synthetic plankton... and bearinged my shifter... oooooooooo la la.  My stuff shifts silky smooth.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2011, 06:49:34 PM »
Tuesday I put Grip Puppies on over Murph's gel grips.  No testing yet, it's going to keep raining here till Friday.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645