Author Topic: acc leads what one for a trigger wire.  (Read 4812 times)

Offline bigfraid

acc leads what one for a trigger wire.
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »
Hello everyone I have a question about what lead I need to hook up to for the trigger wire on my pdm60.i don't have a meter so I'm guessing  it's the one with the female connection that has the insulation around it,theses are the acc leads behind the ecu.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: acc leads what one for a trigger wire.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 03:52:07 PM »
http://pdm60.com/what-it-is-and-does/whats-the-pdm60/

It appears you are connecting a power distribution module.  But I don't know what a "trigger wire" is.   Are you asking which is the ignition power?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »
That looks like Fred's pic? If so it is the correct set of wires, there are several, and the hot is always shielded and these are on the same circuit as the front leads and the dash cig outlet and are switched to the ignition.

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
That looks like Fred's pic? If so it is the correct set of wires, there are several, and the hot is always shielded and these are on the same circuit as the front leads and the dash cig outlet and are switched to the ignition.
yes that is Fred pic I thought it would be easier for people to see what I was talking about,do you know is the other wire a ground.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:02 PM »
yes

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
http://pdm60.com/what-it-is-and-does/whats-the-pdm60/

It appears you are connecting a power distribution module.  But I don't know what a "trigger wire" is.   Are you asking which is the ignition power?
yes that is what I'm doing.and want to hook to ignition power,and the wire I was asking about gPink posted that is the one I need.thanks

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »
Thanks  all for the fast response trying to get it wired up for sat radio and gps.riding season is right around the corner just waiting for a good rain Storm to wash off all the anti skid material off the roads.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »
Gotta ask ...you're not grounding the  pdm with that wire are you?

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »
No not grounding to that wire,going directly to battery ground.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 05:03:23 PM »
No not grounding to that wire,going directly to battery ground.
:finger_fing11:
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline TonyR

PDM60 Power Distributor
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
I was just looking at the PDM60. Is it worth using something like this instead of a regular fuse blocK?

Thanks
Tony

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 09:01:34 PM »
If those leads came from inside the black rubber boot at the rear of the bike, then yes, they are the accessory leads. The female bullet connector is +12 volts, and the male bullet connector is ground or 0 volts. They are meant for users to connect low power devices to and are only hot ("ON") when the ignition is on.

There is another set up front, again inside the black boot under the top / left fairing cover, and they are identical regarding connections and are, in fact, in the same circuit. The cigarette lighter is also part of that circuit so the accessory fuse powers all three; 10 amps on Gen. 1 C-14's and 5 amps on Gen. 2 C-14's, with all loads added together.

Brian

Hello everyone I have a question about what lead I need to hook up to for the trigger wire on my pdm60.i don't have a meter so I'm guessing  it's the one with the female connection that has the insulation around it,theses are the acc leads behind the ecu.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline bigfraid

Re: PDM60 Power Distributor
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 07:53:42 PM »
I was just looking at the PDM60. Is it worth using something like this instead of a regular fuse blocK?

Thanks
Tony
I liked the idea that if something trips it all I have to do is turn off the ignition then back on and it is rest,instead of popping the seat off find the fuse and replace the bad one.i like that it is quick and easy to rest.

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:39 PM »
If those leads came from inside the black rubber boot at the rear of the bike, then yes, they are the accessory leads. The female bullet connector is +12 volts, and the male bullet connector is ground or 0 volts. They are meant for users to connect low power devices to and are only hot ("ON") when the ignition is on.

There is another set up front, again inside the black boot under the top / left fairing cover, and they are identical regarding connections and are, in fact, in the same circuit. The cigarette lighter is also part of that circuit so the accessory fuse powers all three; 10 amps on Gen. 1 C-14's and 5 amps on Gen. 2 C-14's, with all loads added together.

Brian
thanks it's all hooked up now.