Author Topic: Warning to Motorcyclists in Miami/Globe, Arizona area.  (Read 1754 times)

Offline BMahar

Warning to Motorcyclists in Miami/Globe, Arizona area.
« on: January 14, 2015, 06:30:29 PM »

NOTICE TO MOTORCYCLISTS: 

Two days ago (Sunday, January 11) the driver of a large, late-model (2010 or newer?) red, jacked up FORD diesel pick-up truck with oversized wheels/tires sporting one or two orange "whip" fiberglass flags attached to the rear bumper made what APPEARED to be a deliberate attempt to injure or kill motorcyclists riding with a group of peaceful Knights of Columbus riders in Miami/Globe Arizona. 

At a stoplight the driver of the pickup "split" a group of stopped motorcyclists sittting in separate two lanes at a speed of 60+ mph (in a 25)  A rider in the right lane about to turn right to refuel reported that "had I not flinched, jerked my elbow in and turned my bars, I'd be dead right now! " Witness also claims that the driver was "Doing at least 70". 

Under a mistaken assumption the speeding truck was ALREADY under pursuit by police riders watched as it blew through the NEXT redlight, again splitting vehicles awaiting a green light.  This occurred on Hwy 60 somewhere near the 188 turnoff.    While the riders were lunching at Subway the truck was seen returning in the opposite direction.

My frequent riding partner reports being visibly shaken, and felt it was "The nearest to death I have ever come on a motorcycle."  Moreover he AND the rest of the riders are 100% CONVINCED it was intentional behavior on the part of the driver of the red FORD pickup. 

Although at least one unofficial member of the group was reportedly armed, a decision was made NOT to pursue and "school" the driver in favor of allowing law enforcement first crack at him. 

Vehicle was described as quite possibly a red Ford F250, 4x4.  2009 or newer, not a crew cab / no topper according to ONE eyewitness, perhaps some sort of lettering on rear window according to another.  Vehicle "lift" estimated at 6" by a professional auto mechanic riding with the group.  Believed black wheels.

From the language and phrasing of the phone conversation held by one of the riders with a Globe police lieutenant it SOUNDED like the PD there already know who the offender is.  Perhaps this isn't his or her FIRST time harassing motorcyclists, or blowing redlights at 60+mph in such a small town.

Please be on the lookout for this pickup truck in the Superior/Miami/Globe Arizona region, east of Phoenix, along Highway 60/188 and report any ADDITIONAL incidents / harassment of motorcyclists and  any additional vehicle details you can obtain to the Globe Police department.(928) 425-5751

Stay safe!  Take pictures but do not take any action yourself!

Truck SIMILAR in appearance to that barreling through the CENTER of the group of stopped riders:

2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Warning to Motorcyclists in Miami/Globe, Arizona area.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:50:19 PM »

NOTICE TO MOTORCYCLISTS: 

Two days ago (Sunday, January 11) the driver of a large, late-model (2010 or newer?) red, jacked up FORD diesel pick-up truck with oversized wheels/tires sporting one or two orange "whip" fiberglass flags attached to the rear bumper made what APPEARED to be a deliberate attempt to injure or kill motorcyclists riding with a group of peaceful Knights of Columbus riders in Miami/Globe Arizona. 

At a stoplight the driver of the pickup "split" a group of stopped motorcyclists sittting in separate two lanes at a speed of 60+ mph (in a 25)  A rider in the right lane about to turn right to refuel reported that "had I not flinched, jerked my elbow in and turned my bars, I'd be dead right now! " Witness also claims that the driver was "Doing at least 70". 

Under a mistaken assumption the speeding truck was ALREADY under pursuit by police riders watched as it blew through the NEXT redlight, again splitting vehicles awaiting a green light.  This occurred on Hwy 60 somewhere near the 188 turnoff.    While the riders were lunching at Subway the truck was seen returning in the opposite direction.

My frequent riding partner reports being visibly shaken, and felt it was "The nearest to death I have ever come on a motorcycle."  Moreover he AND the rest of the riders are 100% CONVINCED it was intentional behavior on the part of the driver of the red FORD pickup. 

Although at least one unofficial member of the group was reportedly armed, a decision was made NOT to pursue and "school" the driver in favor of allowing law enforcement first crack at him. 

Vehicle was described as quite possibly a red Ford F250, 4x4.  2009 or newer, not a crew cab / no topper according to ONE eyewitness, perhaps some sort of lettering on rear window according to another.  Vehicle "lift" estimated at 6" by a professional auto mechanic riding with the group.  Believed black wheels.

From the language and phrasing of the phone conversation held by one of the riders with a Globe police lieutenant it SOUNDED like the PD there already know who the offender is.  Perhaps this isn't his or her FIRST time harassing motorcyclists, or blowing redlights at 60+mph in such a small town.

Please be on the lookout for this pickup truck in the Superior/Miami/Globe Arizona region, east of Phoenix, along Highway 60/188 and report any ADDITIONAL incidents / harassment of motorcyclists and  any additional vehicle details you can obtain to the Globe Police department.(928) 425-5751

Stay safe!  Take pictures but do not take any action yourself!

Truck SIMILAR in appearance to that barreling through the CENTER of the group of stopped riders:

We found his wife in FL  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
My wife was just in Miami/Globe AZ last week. I wonder if she got ahold of a red Ford F250...  She didn't seem upset with me when we talked on the phone...  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
My wife was just in Miami/Globe AZ last week. I wonder if she got ahold of a red Ford F250...  She didn't seem upset with me when we talked on the phone...  ;D

;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine