Author Topic: Winter GLoves  (Read 6483 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Winter GLoves
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 08:25:10 AM »
If yer gonna go heated gear, here's what I did, couple years later it has been flawless since install, makes me almost look forward to winter...  :thumbs: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10985.msg134149#msg134149

+1 x eternity

I've run my warn n soft and gerbings heated gear through my fuzeblock for years.  So glad I put extra effort into doing it the right way "right out of the 'chute".
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »
With the heated grips, you only need good insulation on the backside of the hand.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, www.bargainoutfitters.com usually has some snowmobile gloves for around $35. 

I have found Ski gloves to be warmer than any other glove because of the loft, but of course no abrasion protection. 

I have a pair of Tourmaster Cold-tex gloves that were reasonable and pretty warm.  Also have a pair of Alpinestars Jet Gore-Tex gloves that are absolutely waterproof, but not warm enough in 30 degree weather.

I use a pair of ski racing gloves. They are warm enough with the heated grips and they have substantial protection on the back of the hand and meaningful protection on the palm side.

Offline almightys

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 05:35:57 AM »
I have Held Warm n Dry gloves. They are gortex, thinner material in Palm for more dexterity and allowing heat to transfer from grips. You can actually tighten the gauntlets to wear under your jacket if you wish. They are also waterproof while maintaining breath-ability.

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 06:58:46 AM »
Coming from the sportbike side year round in Portland OR, im fine without the heated gloves. Esp with the heated grips. But after a MISERABLE sub-20 ride home from the coast, (ZG knows 26...) in which I got a speeding ticket cause I was so dang cold, I got a jacket.

Picked up an ANSAI battery opperated heated jacket, that thing is awesome. Wore it at cedar point last week and while the rest of my group was shivering in layers, I was toasty warm. (It was COLD and windy)
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD