Author Topic: New farkle arrived and installed - tail light  (Read 51196 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: New farkle arrived and installed - tail light
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »
When the blinker is on, half of the tail light flashes amber with the turn signal; the other half stays red.  I'm not using them, but I tested them to see if they worked.

Really??  ???   8)

Can you post some pics of that SSD?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »
Ok I got mine today..it is the clear lens posted on Ebay ...NOT the darker colored lens that some members are receiving.....so am happy so far...

So far I have mine as a brake light only.....is anyone using it as a full-time running light AND a brake light too?

Anyone tied the yellow wires into the rear signal lights yet...??

How do they work?

When you say "running light" do you mean tail light Ninja?? If so, yes mine is running the tail light and brake light...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »
When the blinker is on, half of the tail light flashes amber with the turn signal; the other half stays red.  I'm not using them, but I tested them to see if they worked.

It's funny how information like that is not mentioned at all on the listings.  Another major feature ignored!

That said, I don't think I would ever use them for turn signals, since the stock signals are much better.  Better to have maximum braking indicator, IMHO.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »
So far I have mine as a brake light only.....is anyone using it as a full-time running light AND a brake light too?

That is probably required (tail lights [running lights] are extremely important), and something you don't elect to do, it is just done when you plug it in, I would assume...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »
It's funny how information like that is not mentioned at all on the listings.  Another major feature ignored!

That said, I don't think I would ever use them for turn signals, since the stock signals are much better.  Better to have maximum braking indicator, IMHO.

Post #8 on this thread Max, I mentioned it in the beginning...  :loco:

;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »

Post #8 on this thread Max, I mentioned it in the beginning...  :loco:

I know *you* mentioned it.  I was talking about the listings on Ebay.  THEY don't mention it!!!

However, I might have commented about it already.  I do tend to repeat myself sometimes.  I do tend to repeat myself sometimes.  I do tend to repeat myself sometimes. 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2011, 10:53:41 PM »
I know *you* mentioned it.  I was talking about the listings on Ebay.  THEY don't mention it!!!

However, I might have commented about it already.  I do tend to repeat myself sometimes.  I do tend to repeat myself sometimes.  I do tend to repeat myself sometimes.

No worries Max, No worries Max...  ;)

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »

Really??  ???   8)

Can you post some pics of that SSD?

Actually I didn't take any pics of them attached.  I opted not to use them because I think the stock signals are good and visible so I wanted to keep full visibility of the tail/brake light instead of losing half of it when a signal is on.  I'd post the pics I did take, but I seem to be too dumb to figure out how.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
Actually I didn't take any pics of them attached.  I opted not to use them because I think the stock signals are good and visible so I wanted to keep full visibility of the tail/brake light instead of losing half of it when a signal is on.  I'd post the pics I did take, but I seem to be too dumb to figure out how.

Send them to me and I will post them for you.

scott at vonhofs dot com
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2011, 03:58:13 PM »
Per special request I am  posting the pics here too.....
The first pic is the stock unit..the other two are the new LED Clear Lens...

NInja
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:10:22 PM by ninjawarrior1400 »
Ninjawarrior

Offline David C-14

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
I need help. I installed the new rear light and it works fine. I have on the bike a "Back Off" to make the light blink 5 times when brake is applied.  On the original light the back off was splice to the blue wire, the new light have a green wire instead and I went ahead and put it on this one and it do not blink. Can any one help?
Jose David Gonzalez
David C-14 (2008)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2011, 11:07:08 AM »

Here are Simon's images:
Stock tail:

New Tail:

Stock brake:

New brake:
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
I am still dealing with the seller.  Last two emails he was trying to sell me on the cooler dark color.......Sent him an ultimatum in return.  We'll see.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
I am still dealing with the seller.  Last two emails he was trying to sell me on the cooler dark color.......Sent him an ultimatum in return.  We'll see.

Ok.  He wants to fight about it.  Filed a dispute with ebay.  I'll let you guys know what happens. 

Bullshit.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
Ok.  He wants to fight about it.  Filed a dispute with ebay.  I'll let you guys know what happens. 

Bullshit.

Seems like a lot of work over $20, why not just sell it to Jeremy and be done with it??  ???

I'm glad mine worked out ok... sorry for your pain Mike, I know I recommended it, I kinda feel bad about that.  :(

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »

Seems like a lot of work over $20, why not just sell it to Jeremy and be done with it??  ???

I'm glad mine worked out ok... sorry for your pain Mike, I know I recommended it, I kinda feel bad about that.  :(

Jeremy dosn't want it now.  I was nice to the seller, it's principal now.  I'll smash the damn taillight. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
Jeremy dosn't want it now.  I was nice to the seller, it's principal now.  I'll smash the damn taillight.

Mike- I agree with you that it is sucky.  They sent you something that was not pictured.  They can't change the specs like that and not offer you a free exchange, shipping paid by them, or a full refund, including shipping both ways.  Anything less is simply unfair and bad business.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »
When I saw the pics it just didn't seem worth the effort to put in the "smoked" taillight to have the same or even less light output. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2011, 09:50:52 PM »
Mike- I agree with you that it is sucky.  They sent you something that was not pictured.  They can't change the specs like that and not offer you a free exchange, shipping paid by them, or a full refund, including shipping both ways.  Anything less is simply unfair and bad business.

That's all I asked for....give me what I ordered.  I'll post the email exchange later, it started out funny.  Ebay has it now, CC company next I guess. 

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2011, 08:28:34 AM »
That's all I asked for....give me what I ordered.  I'll post the email exchange later, it started out funny.  Ebay has it now, CC company next I guess.

I won the dispute.  Ebay refunded my money today.  Too bad it went to that.