Author Topic: Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family ‘terrorized’  (Read 6499 times)

Offline Canada-Dan

Re: Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family ‘terrorized’
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 09:31:27 AM »
I only wish the wolves thought that way too :)

Good guys behave good generally .... That's why they're called good guys.
Good guys don't experience many dynamic entry warrants either....because.....they're good

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 09:35:24 AM »
And not too many bad guys are surfing the COG forum ..... just my bet.  hahaha

Lets just talk about bikes instead....
:)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 11:09:12 AM »
That would probably be a good bet...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
We can always reconvene in the Arena.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »
Not yet...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Maille Man

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 01:15:13 PM »
Tragic example of when crashing in goes all wrong, and the bad guy gets away with it...

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Man-Charged-With-Killing-Burleson-County-Deputy-No-Billed-by-Grand-Jury-243993261.html?device=phone

*28-year-old Henry Magee is no longer charged in the shooting death of Burleson County Sheriff's Deputy Adam Sowders.

A grand jury decided there wasn't enough evidence for him to stand trial on the capital murder charge.

McGee admitted to shooting Sowders before sunrise on December 19th while the deputy and other investigators were serving a no knock search warrant for drugs at McGee's mobile home near Snook.

Magee's Defense Attorney Dick DeGuerin says his client thought someone was breaking into his home and fired to protect his pregnant girlfriend and himself.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
The tragedy is that an officer died over a few pot plants, which are legal a couple of states away.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
We can always reconvene in the Arena.
They left after being served with a no knock PM ;)

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:45 PM »
I take it then that anyone still wishing to talk about police action,,,or inaction, has at the very least invested a few hours to read or watch some video of Lt Col Grossman.  He is a dynamic and inspiring man, even to those who may not appreciate the  intimacies of his message   

It's so easy, and perhaps human nature to criticize and judge   Especially when those pesky sheep dogs are poking and prodding at the sheep, in their attempts to keep them safe.....often times while those silly sheep do everything they can to tread dangerously close to the wolves. 

Miss Silvera said,  When needed, the police are just minutes away...when seconds count....

But when not needed..... How easy it is to criticize and judge.   It never fails though that those same people who were criticizing and judging  are crying, Please hurry,,,please help us,,,when the wolves come hunting for a meal....   

Dan

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 11:18:02 PM »
I don't come here for this sort of discussion and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended at it having continued as long as it has. 
That certainly wasn't my intention.   And this is not the place for any kind of discussion like this.

How about I just leave the discussion for others to knock around   

I'm getting back to talkin about bikes lol ;)

These forums and other like it are a wonderful escape from harsh reality some days and I thank you all for that

Dan

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 04:19:33 AM »
Dan, we have this sort of discussion quite often. For the most part they stay reasonably civil. If not the guy with the sword has a place to send them. As far as an apology, I don't remember any of the enumerated rights in the Constitution guaranteeing the right not to be offended. The thing to keep in mind is that opinions are a varied as the personalities here and we're not afraid to express them. So enjoy the escape. It is winter after all.
Gary

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »
+1.  Thanks, Gary.

I rather enjoy these types of civil (pun intended) discussions..

Son of Pappy

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 07:40:40 AM »
I don't come here for this sort of discussion and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended at it having continued as long as it has. 
That certainly wasn't my intention.   And this is not the place for any kind of discussion like this.

How about I just leave the discussion for others to knock around   

I'm getting back to talkin about bikes lol ;)

These forums and other like it are a wonderful escape from harsh reality some days and I thank you all for that

Dan
FWIW, you get it.  If you do decide you want to dally in politics openly come join us in the Arena, been extremely tame as of yet, actually ever since the forum crash back in the dark ages.  Seems a great divide happened, we kept the humor, they got the??? :)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 08:13:44 AM »
Google: "pilot DHS stop", read a few of the articles, follow one/more of the embedded links...

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 09:16:25 AM »
yep

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 03:55:44 AM »
I take it then that anyone still wishing to talk about police action,,,or inaction, has at the very least invested a few hours to read or watch some video of Lt Col Grossman.  He is a dynamic and inspiring man, even to those who may not appreciate the  intimacies of his message   

It's so easy, and perhaps human nature to criticize and judge   Especially when those pesky sheep dogs are poking and prodding at the sheep, in their attempts to keep them safe.....often times while those silly sheep do everything they can to tread dangerously close to the wolves. 

Miss Silvera said,  When needed, the police are just minutes away...when seconds count....

But when not needed..... How easy it is to criticize and judge.   It never fails though that those same people who were criticizing and judging  are crying, Please hurry,,,please help us,,,when the wolves come hunting for a meal....   

Dan

First let me say I'm enjoying the discussion and also not wanting to offend anyone.

As to the sheep dogs and sheep: I may look like a sheep because I don't wear a uniform but let me assure you I'm not a sheep. I do appreciate the sheep dogs keeping the wolves away but not at the expense of my freedom. That may make if more difficult for the sheep dogs but if we are to have a free society then that's the job.