Author Topic: Anyone else had trouble with Rick Mayer saddles?  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Jake Mountain

Anyone else had trouble with Rick Mayer saddles?
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »
Ordered a new saddle and it was not right the first time so I sent it back for a free adjustment which cost me $75 in round trip shipping. Well after the adjustment it is still not right, he has not met the deadlines he himself set either time as to finish and shipping dates by 4-5 days. I'm ki d of upset with the service. I also have yet to receive a rain cover I ordered back in August
01 Kawasaki KLR 650
03 Suzuki Vstrom 1000
11 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline Leo

Re: Anyone else had trouble with Rick Mayer saddles?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:18 PM »
It has been 8-10 years since I ordered a seat from him.   I had the same kind of problem then, he would make promises and miss them by 6 weeks, and then lie to you on the phone.  I actually heard his secretary in the back ground tell him that the seat was not even started, then he got on the phone and told me it was already shipped, and he would check with UPS.   I had to buy another seat so that I could ride while he was over due.    Never had that problem with Russell saddles. 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 05:56:41 AM »
Seth Laam is really the only one with good service and value. I had trouble with the 2 Corbins I had over the years too. Seth is da man for saddles.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »
Never had any issues with my Russell.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BobK

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
Apparently neither of the brothers had learned anything from their father when they went into business for themselves. Had a similar experience with Rick when I cancelled an order before I ever sent the seat in and he insisted that he had already spent money on a seat he didn't even have!

Offline tjhess74

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 02:35:30 PM »
youre not the only one.  i ordered a seat from him back in 08 and it took almost 3 months, well over his estimated time frame.  he would not answer his phone or return messages.

it was an extra pain and worry for me because i was moving during the extended time frame and needed to make sure he received my new shipping address.

i like the seat, but i will never do business with him again.  from what ive read on other forums about similar experiences since then, im surprised he is still in business.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!