Author Topic: I want a brand new Concours for under $12.5k  (Read 12801 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: I want a brand new Concours for under $12.5k
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2013, 12:32:47 PM »
I got the red for a few bucks less than the black. Traded in my old one for a what I think is $400 less than I would've gotten on my own so that was worth it to me.

Congrats!  I know I took a hit trading in my ZRX, but I really just didn't want the hassle of trying to sell it, especially since the carbs were still wacky (which is one of the main reasons it needed to go; and yes, I tried to repair it and have it repaired many times over a year).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline theAmazingKickstand

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:45 PM »
Its here and ready to go. I really wanted to pick up tonight but am stuck at work.
Will get it tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice. If you arn't willing to make a bad business decision based only on color like I did, nows a great time to get a 2013.

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
I'm happy I waited for the color. It is indeed candy (which I don't like) but it only has that candy spark light in direct sunlight. Most of the time it's a respectable burgandy.
Got it home with 27 miles and immidietaly changed the oil....yeah I'm like that.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
I'm happy I waited for the color. It is indeed candy (which I don't like) but it only has that candy spark light in direct sunlight. Most of the time it's a respectable burgandy.

It's purrrrrdy
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
It's purrrrrdy

Thank you sir. Apologies for the bad pics and messy garage.

Offline homewrek

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »
Got it home with 27 miles and immidietaly changed the oil....yeah I'm like that.

Congratulations!  So what price did you actually get pre-tax and license?   I'm looking at a couple of dealers so far in NorCal that have 2013 black or blue at basically $15,000 before tax and license, but that is without any real negotiation.  The list at one dealer is the $16,100 plus $1000 delivery/prep and the other added $1700 for that so they are taking $1000 off the dealer price and $1000 off from Kawasaki.  Basically down to $14,100 plus dealer prep/delivery to get to $15,000.  Out the door tax and license would be $16.7K, again without really negotiating.

What dealers did you go to? 

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »
Thank you sir. Apologies for the bad pics and messy garage.

Pls. take off the gas tank stickers.. thank you.

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2013, 02:35:41 AM »
Congratulations!  So what price did you actually get pre-tax and license?   I'm looking at a couple of dealers so far in NorCal that have 2013 black or blue at basically $15,000 before tax and license, but that is without any real negotiation.  The list at one dealer is the $16,100 plus $1000 delivery/prep and the other added $1700 for that so they are taking $1000 off the dealer price and $1000 off from Kawasaki.  Basically down to $14,100 plus dealer prep/delivery to get to $15,000.  Out the door tax and license would be $16.7K, again without really negotiating.

What dealers did you go to?

I sent you a PM. I know I could've gotten it for even less but I'm not gonna nickle and dime on an amount like this. They went out of their way to get me exactly what I wanted while knowing that I would've taken one off the floor that day.

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »

Pls. take off the gas tank stickers.. thank you.

All stickers and reflectors are off. :D

Offline homewrek

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2013, 09:01:37 AM »
I sent you a PM. I know I could've gotten it for even less but I'm not gonna nickle and dime on an amount like this. They went out of their way to get me exactly what I wanted while knowing that I would've taken one off the floor that day.

Got your PM.  Thank you.  I'll know by Wed whether or not my BMW R1200RT is going to be repaired or total and if it is the latter I'm going with the C14 or the FJR, but leaning toward the C14 right now.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »

Now it's a beautiful C-14 except for the black bazooka.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »
"Quote from: theAmazingKickstand on Today at 04:36:34 am
 All stickers and reflectors are off. :D"

Now it's a beautiful C-14 except for the black bazooka.

Except when it gets hit while parked because there are no reflectors anymore :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

::)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »

::)

Ah, you love it and you know it...

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »

Well, one could always paint their whole bike an entirely different, brighter color ... but who would do that??

:-X  ;D  :P

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
Well, one could always paint their whole bike an entirely different, brighter color ... but who would do that??

Yeah.  Stop with that crazy talk!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2013, 11:35:27 PM »

:-X ;D :P

:rotflmao:   :battle:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 07:11:36 AM »

I guess you have no plans to take the bike out of the garage unless the sun is shining?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077