Author Topic: I want a brand new Concours for under $12.5k  (Read 12802 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: I want a brand new Concours for under $12.5k
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
ZG does.  :)
+1

Here's how the name looks to me lately

ZG
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline theAmazingKickstand

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 11:31:03 PM »
Price comparison for what's available in SoCal.
No affiliation to dealer.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcd/4151279438.html

That is exactly the ad I used to get my dealer to price match....and on a 2013.
I'd rather have that 2012 red. I'm thinking black is the right answer. Srsly, who thinks the fairings on the newest Concours are way uglier than my sleek sexy sharp fairings?
I need to make up my mind tomorrow. There arn't too many options for us 10 foot tall dudes.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:48 AM »
I prefer the Gen 1 lines myself.  Not bad on the Gen 2s, just different.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 02:10:18 AM »
Srsly, who thinks the fairings on the newest Concours are way uglier than my sleek sexy sharp fairings?

EVERYBODY  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 06:48:03 AM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 09:17:25 AM »
Has anyone here ridden the new ninja 1000?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 09:20:20 AM »
I prefer the Gen 1 lines myself.  Not bad on the Gen 2s, just different.

:goodpost:   +1... I agree with Chet on that.  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
+1

Here's how the name looks to me lately

ZG

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

;D :chugbeer:

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »
Just got back from the dealer.
Blue is horrible.
Black is really pretty nice.
They fairing shape grew on me after staring at it for 2 hours.
It seems like theres less leg room between the top of my thighs and the tank cut out.
The kicker....they found a brand new, still in crate, 2012 arabian red that can be here in a few days.
Now I can't decide (cuz ive never seen that bike in person) between the burgandy I wanted and was complaining about not being able to get, and the 2013 black that grew on me.
They had a 2014 red. It looks nice IMO.
I promised to pay for one tomorrow morning so thats my extended deadline ;D

Were there any difference between 2012 and 2013? I couldnt find any.

Offline BMahar

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 05:50:06 PM »
  I have a Black 2011 that I bought new. I was going to get a silver one but I already had a silver Blackbird so I went with the Black Concours.
 That was almost 2 years ago and 29,900 miles ago and I'm very happy with the color. I do not wash it after every ride as if I did I'd be washing instead of riding. Get the color you want. You won't be sorry. Great Motorcycle no matter the color.
 Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline texrider

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Black goes with everything, but I did like the Arabian.
Liable to be a couple grand difference between things when it comes down to it, so I'd go where the money looked best.
2014 Valkyrie

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Just got back from the dealer.
Blue is horrible.  Black is really pretty nice.

I wouldn't call the blue "horrible", but it was fairly lame when I first saw it in person.  Black is... well.... just black.

They fairing shape grew on me after staring at it for 2 hours.

That's because it is much nicer :)

It seems like theres less leg room between the top of my thighs and the tank cut out.

I am fairly sure that it has never changed and that part is your imagination.

The kicker....they found a brand new, still in crate, 2012 arabian red that can be here in a few days.
Now I can't decide (cuz ive never seen that bike in person) between the burgandy I wanted and was complaining about not being able to get, and the 2013 black that grew on me.

Arabian red is actually burgundy, I believe.  I would jump on that sucker!  Not only is it is nice color, it is very different from most anything out there.

Were there any difference between 2012 and 2013? I couldnt find any.

There is no difference at all between any of the gen 2 (2010 and newer) except for the wheels and grabs going black starting in 2012.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline loknload

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
I guess beuty is in the eye of the beholder.  I like the "horrible" blue better than black.  Oh well, I'll enjoy my "horrible" colored bike.
Jarrod
2013 Concours 1400

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
Max,

Never say "just black"...says the guy with the stock black ZX-11 with the silly graphics, the 10 coats of mirror finish black black black lacquer ZX-12R, and the matte blackNESS of the Buell.

Just sayin.

I too think the Arabian Red is stunning.  But I don't have one, so...
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »
Black goes with everything, but I did like the Arabian.
Liable to be a couple grand difference between things when it comes down to it, so I'd go where the money looked best.

Thanks EVERYONE for your responses. I'll sleep on it.
I have to pay the exact same amount for the 2013 black and the 2012 Burgandy/Arabian red.
We've all seen 4 year old black cars that are daily drivers. Slightly faded, swirl marks, dusty, etc.
I'm planning on keeping this thing forever (it's the only bike I've bought twice) so that makes the year difference a bit more tolerable.
Ha, I have a black and blue Buell. It's gorgeous....when clean.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
Max, Never say "just black"...says the guy with the stock black ZX-11 with the silly graphics, the 10 coats of mirror finish black black black lacquer ZX-12R, and the matte blackNESS of the Buell.

:)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
Thanks EVERYONE for your responses. I'll sleep on it.
I have to pay the exact same amount for the 2013 black and the 2012 Burgandy/Arabian red.

You might want to try to play "hard ball" on the 2012 and see if you can get them to drop the price some.  I mean, they should be getting in the 2014's now...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »
You might want to try to play "hard ball" on the 2012 and see if you can get them to drop the price some.  I mean, they should be getting in the 2014's now...

:goodpost:

Wow, for once I finally agree with Max on something...  :o

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
Wow, for once I finally agree with Max on something...  :o

Oh, I am sure we agree on a lot of things.  Just not on color or noise :)

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »

I got the red for a few bucks less than the black. Traded in my old one for a what I think is $400 less than I would've gotten on my own so that was worth it to me. All done an paid for. The bike is still in a crate in some warehouse and should be here mid next week.
I didn't get it for $11,999 like some ebay ads but I also don't have to fly drive to god knows where. A really good fair deal IMO.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:54:40 PM by theAmazingKickstand »