Author Topic: A tail of two mousetraps....  (Read 31812 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: A tail of two mousetraps....
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »
No and peanut butter is gonna' be next once this guy mixes it with anti- freeze....

:rotflmao:

Brian

Your gov still lets you have air rifles?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
I LOVE writing back and forth with Limeys! (that is not an insult, merely slang for what we call you- sorta' like you calling us Yanks).

Brian

Limeys?  >:( Twit.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »
Oh don't act all.... well, Limey- like! You are only half- Limey and if you didn't tell us we wouldn't even know. Two or three more generations at the most and your lineage will be a distant memory and only a small embarassement to your offspring.

<duckin', runnin' and grinnin'>

Brian

Limeys?  >:( Twit.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
Unfortunately, what you say is true and sad at the same time......at least to me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »
Leathers. ??
Now that one you should have gotten.  Not everyone wears textile motorcycle gear.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »
Ah, leathers = motorcycle leathers. Yes, makes perfect sense and even works in the US too. I guess I was just looking for something else being it was a UK who wrote that post. And to be honest, I was a little ascairt (scared) of learning what it might really mean- wait until an Englishman asks to borrow a rubber.  :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:  Like I would want it back.....

Back on topic: trapline clear, peanut butter frozen (temp. here is around 20 F and heading down with lots 'o wind), mice hiding.

Brian

Now that one you should have gotten.  Not everyone wears textile motorcycle gear.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »
Aw, there, there Jim. Maybe every once in a while, generations from now, when your decendants are learning to use utinsils and little Joey eats with his knife, some on- looker will stop and think: Limey!

:rotflmao:

Most of us are a mixed lot in the US and getting more and more mixed everyday. About the best I can do is say that to the best of my knowledge, my ancestors were European but even that is uncertain. Let's face it, unless you are of royal blood or some such, we really don't know where we came from, certainly not for hundreds of years at least. And besides all that, a pure- blooded Englishman is really.... German and Norse and a little French and some Celt and some Pict and.... about everything else anyway so there isn't much to long for IMO.

Brian

Unfortunately, what you say is true and sad at the same time......at least to me.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
Aaaaaargh!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »
Kirby checked the trapline and reported back. We got one on the ole' mouse scoreboard:

Raid: Kills mice dead!     1
Victor: Kills mice fast!     0

Godspeed little mouse- dude, Godspeed.

Here's Kirby pointing to the trap with the most points:

(We're gonna' need an emoticon of a someone giving a crisp 'mouse grade' salute or something....)

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
 :salute:   We have one, slightly irreverent of course....  You must not have looked hard enough.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »
I found this on the interwebs and modified it a bit.

Death of Mickey Mouse

The Walt Disney Studios regrets to announce that Mickey Mouse, the oldest, and probably foremost (with due regards to Mr. Donald Duck, who is also equally well-respected) passed away, apparently last night, and was discovered by his wife, the well known Minnie Mouse. It is surmised that he died of poisoning. The death seems to have been instigated by BDF, with Kirby as his accomplice.

Mickey (or as he was known to his many Spanish friends) Miguelito Ratonchita, came from humble beginnings as a petty thief, taking bread crumbs from the art easel of Walt Disney.  It was Mickey’s pluck (do people have pluck nowadays?) that inspired Walt (everyone called him Walt) to transition from drawing nose art for air corps bombers to drawing Mickey.  He made fun of Mickey by drawing these outrageous ears, but Mickey, being a professional actor didn’t mind and coined the phrase, “there are no small parts, only small actors.”  Or something like that.  Mickey was not very bright.

“One of the best things that ever happened to me,” was what Mickey said when Walt penned Minnie and they went on (Mickey and Minnie, not Mickey and Walt) to a happily married (because this was the thirties and you had better be married or, well, never mind) life.  It is said that Mickey and Minnie had three-hundred and fifty-six children, but since none of them made it in show business, we don’t care.

Services will be held in the Little Chapel of the Mice, which is reached by taking the second mouse hole in the floor of the first gift shop in Disneyland.  You must be two inches tall or less to enter. 
Burial will be at the Forest Lawn of the Field Mice at the Mouse Kingdom.  Pallbearers include Popeye, Yosemite Sam, Sylvester, Bluto and Pluto, and Fritz the cat, who will remain behind, after the others have left, to guard the casket.

:chugbeer: :chugbeer:
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
Nuh uh! It was a spinal cord injury and besides, I don't know nothin' about it! I swear. I was home all night with my wife. We were watching TV. I can prove it because I can tell you what was on the night the mouse was killed died.

I think it was a plot. Maybe a conspiracy. It is all a cover- up I tells' ya'. You have no idea how high this reaches! You better back off or the black helicopters will come for ya'!

Brian <shiftily looks left, then right>

<snip, or is that snap?>

It is surmised that he died of poisoning. The death seems to have been instigated by BDF, with Kirby as his accomplice.

<snip>

Son of Pappy

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013, 06:39:32 PM »
If only Mickey had KIPASS.  Kippy has all the "pluck" he needs  ;)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2013, 07:17:04 PM »
I do believe we have hit a new low... :yikes:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
Next time just let them swim in the bottom of the bong ;)
:finger_fing11:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »
Nuh uh! It was a spinal cord injury and besides, I don't know nothin' about it! I swear. I was home all night with my wife. We were watching TV. I can prove it because I can tell you what was on the night the mouse was killed died.

I think it was a plot. Maybe a conspiracy. It is all a cover- up I tells' ya'. You have no idea how high this reaches! You better back off or the black helicopters will come for ya'!

Brian <shiftily looks left, then right>
My bad, I wuz thinkin that was a poison trap. Oh well, guess I ain't quite as perfect as I thought I were. ;)
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »
I do believe we have hit a new low... :yikes:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

For you possibly, not for the ones that have been here for awhile.  It can get much lower... ;)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
And I can't wait. :_shudder_Emoticon
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
Say little girl, how you doin'?

What's a nice rodent like you doing in a place like this?

If you want me, just whistle. You know how to whistle, right- just put what would have been your lips together and blow; I'll recognize the hiss.

Kirby

If only Mickey had KIPASS.  Kippy has all the "pluck" he needs  ;)
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »
Nope, don't use poison. In a better world, I would catch the little guys and let them outside but unfortunately they just come back inside where they know it is warm. So for lack of a better method, it is the typical mechanical mousetrap for me. Or should I say... them.

Brian

My bad, I wuz thinkin that was a poison trap. Oh well, guess I ain't quite as perfect as I thought I were. ;)