Author Topic: Windshield replacement on '08 Connie  (Read 1868 times)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Windshield replacement on '08 Connie
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:52:38 AM »
I wanted a slightly bigger windshield and got the taller stock windshield from a 2012 bike. The 08 windshield has a gasket that seems to be glued on which is missing on the 2012. Is there some easy way to get the gasket off for use on the new windshield or am I better off looking for some nylon washers for the installation? Thanks for any suggestions.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Windshield replacement on '08 Connie
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:54:31 AM »
Just peel it off. It's stuck, but not glued.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:00:02 AM »
Just peel it off. It's stuck, but not glued.

+1 find an edge that's not so stuck and start peeling. Once you get it off put a lil 'something' (I use silicone gel) on both sides of it so that it doesn't stick the next time you want to remove them.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:34:42 AM »
+1 find an edge that's not so stuck and start peeling. Once you get it off put a lil 'something' (I use silicone gel) on both sides of it so that it doesn't stick the next time you want to remove them.

Yep.  First (and only) time I removed my windshield, I thought they were glued in-place also!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc